Mid Feb

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Re: Mid Feb

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Yep, 'twas very sunny and warm here in Devon, so m'lady & I took to two wheels each and had a lovely bike ride for 4 hours - e-bike ride ;)

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Capt. R Swipe wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:04 pm Yep, 'twas very sunny and warm here in Devon, so m'lady & I took to two wheels each and had a lovely bike ride for 4 hours - e-bike ride ;)
E bikes don’t qualify for maxi muppet status - go join a pushbike forum

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

I'm sure that last post was missing a 😉
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Bern

Post by Bern »

mottza wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:22 am I'm sure that last post was missing a 😉
A few too many 'sherberts' last night I think bud, similar post here .... http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... 60#p290862

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Symcity wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:28 pm
Capt. R Swipe wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:04 pm Yep, 'twas very sunny and warm here in Devon, so m'lady & I took to two wheels each and had a lovely bike ride for 4 hours - e-bike ride ;)
E bikes don’t qualify for maxi muppet status - go join a pushbike forum
You have not seen the size and power of my e bike have you Symcity, eh? In the e-bike world it is a Maxi at almost Maxi bloody prices too. Stick that in yer Scots pipe...... :D

I've checked your Dutchbike out on the Web Meldrew, it is a product for those flat roads in Holland I imagine - you must have to 'go some' in those Yorkshire hills! I've got myself a very light race-type bike that I use when I've built up enough courage to ride it (and wear a bit of lycra!) across hilly Dartmoor etc; otherwise we have great fun powering around the hills and urban places on the Treks.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Capt. R Swipe wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:32 am You have not seen the size and power of my e bike have you Symcity, eh? In the e-bike world it is a Maxi. Stick that in yer Scots pipe...... :D
Should that not read scoots pipe 🤔

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Ah ha, 'scoots' pipe, yep, of course! I did live and work in Tayside for a bit, in Invergowrie and Muirhead as it happens; must go back to Scotland soon on a motorbike/scoot I hope.

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

mottza wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:44 pm Supposed to be 17c Friday and Saturday down in the South East.
It's February! It's not supposed to be that warm. What's happening to the weather? And more to the point when's the snow coming, at least round here.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Well I suppose with Climate change we had better enjoy this phase as it will warm at first then when the gulf stream slows or stops it wil be artic in the UK in winter.

Can you imagine the going on then.

I`ve been going out for evening walks in the dark with my son and when the wind is down it feels like a warm spring day.

All very odd but nice.

I was almost tempted to take the SW out yesterday but the amount of salt on the road stopped me as cleaning the beggar for salt is a serious job to say the least.

Did anyone see the grand tour re buidling and roads in China, unbelievable !!!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Mowed my lawns yesterday! Not unique to do so in February, but rare. Then all my neighbours did theirs as well!