Burgman 400 for price of a Forza

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Re: Burgman 400 for price of a Forza

Post by phantom309 »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:01 am Maybe its not selling as well due to storage and lastest line up of 300's .Well in Halesowen anyway .
it's the same everywhere.an has been since the time was born...yada yada yada....big scooters don't sell as well in uk. except maybe London.. an even that's taken a hit since all the scooter gangs have been knicking bikes..
there is still a huge stigma about owning a scooter. an now with these gangs cruising the cities even more so...
but on saying that i still think the new burgman is a fantastic little scoot. an yes the under seat is smaller ,i found that my shoei ADV helmet with the peak. even fits under the seat. but on a day to day basis who actually uses it all ? all the comments seem to be slagging it off for becoming smaller . but not that it's now lighter ,an better on fuel for it .
the only bit that i do miss under the seat is the light .
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

My two pennies worth, I think everybody thinks they own the best scooter for their needs, comparing by looks riding and specifications?
My next door neighbour came home on a new Forza 300 two days ago, and it's great has a lot of plus points.

In our opinion the Burgman comes into it's own when two up which we always are, it just feels better and right? I'm no expert only had three Scoots so time will tell this summer riding,.

If I was riding solo all the time then it would probably be the Honda.

Under seat storage is still good for us, traded against pillion comfort with wider seat, Mrs snail did not like sitting on the older model and our full face winter helmets are stored in our 47 litre topbox.

Horses for course if everyone wanted the same things then there would be no need for so many varieties, it's a personal choice based on your individual needs. Those of you who have owned multitudes of Scoots and many of the same mark, if one really disappointed you why buy another the same?

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

My tuppence worth. Pikey looks right on his Burgman and Mr & Mrs Snail look right on theirs. They did seem a bit too much for the SH300. My slender frame looked great on my Innova and anything bigger than my SH300 wouldn't look or feel right. It's horses for courses.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I've just been up for fuel comeback for breakfast will be leaving credit card at home when I go up to have a look a new model :lol: :lol:

Deleted User 7077

No sale keeping money in the bank

2013 trade sale burger looked really good better than mine . :oops: :oops:

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Julian come on then give us your ananalsis, I wont be offended after all i didnt have anything to compare ours with

Deleted User 7077

I liked look of it with red accent wheels .I didnt look under seat as that would mean engaging with the salesman. :lol: :lol:
It would have to ride lot better than old model to get me to buy new .
I can understand you buying new as its your main transport .

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Ive never been a big fan of suzuki however i do like the idea of the dohc engine in the 400 burgman producing that extra bhp - whether its useable who knows until you ride it - the new forza has a proven engine derived from the crf - and as already pointed out has modern electronic gizmos and led lighting - can you live with the power limitations of a 300 or do you need to step up to a 400 to realistically accommodate a pillion passenger

orange1290
Current Ride: XMAX 300

Post by orange1290 »

The Burgman also has a monoshock, not the more crude twin shocks (like on my XMAX 300 and the Forza). Is the engine on the swinging arm on the Burgman 400 or is it configured like the TMAX?
2017 XMAX 300
2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure T
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

Deleted User 7077

Its a swinging arm .