Stolen Scooter

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Stolen Scooter

Post by Drago »

Well finally happened. Came home to find my SYM Symphony had vanished, most likely into a van. All that left was the cover. Nearest neighbours saw/heard nothing. Another neighbour who has a Honda Deauville (which was untouched) when I went to inform him of it told me he returned home at 4pm and saw it still parked up. I came home just before 5pm. So must of just missed it :x Presuming it is the lift, chuck in van and drive off within a minute job. I'm so pissed right now, have to deal with the insurance and that worry that my Joymax might be next. But the Joymax I do secure a lot more.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: Stolen Scooter

Post by SH125Paul »

Feel for ya Drago...
Bastards...

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

It's such a nasty experience when it actually happens to you personally. It's one thing reading about it but when it's your property it hits home hard. Took me a while to get over the infringement of my space/property/rights etc but, of course, you eventually do. No wonder people are calling for harsher punishments.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Sorry to hear you have also been a victim of the “scumbag society “if you live near a park or garages have a wander about,sometimes the thieves leave it for a day or two in case a tracker is fitted.....best of luck,i really do know how you feel having just had my tmax stolen

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

What locks, chains etc did it have on it? Since I was a victim last July I never turn my back on mine for a minute without at least locking the steering and putting a cable lock through the front wheel. And ideally cable lock it to something immovable. And in high-risk situations like at work (where several bikes have been swiped including mine) I chain the front wheel to a metal bar or similar, plus another chain through the back wheel plus a cable lock. Get through that lot you thieving bastards! I may appear to be a bit paranoid, but no way am I having another one taken if I can possibly help it.