Accident last week

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
kav
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Helix

Accident last week

Post by kav »

Heading down towards the blackwall tunnel last week I was following I an xmax 250 (at least I think thats what it was) as we filtered through the traffic between traffic lanes 2/3.

I saw a black Audi indicate and in that second I thought I hope he checks the wing mirror so he sees the bike now by her rear quarter . He didn't, just pulled straight out the poor chap on the scooter had no chance and went hard into his front wing. Fortunately a small gap to the van in front outside lane meant the rider came off into gap between cars; else it could have been really nasty. In the event he was just badly winded (young chap) and stood up but bent over double by the time I stopped to see if he was ok.

I gave my details to him but surprised he hasn't made contact to get my witness statement - I wrote an email to myself when I got to work with everything I could remember; then kicked myself for not having the wherewithal to take photos. 10 seconds later could have been me and previous week I passed a rider on dirt motorbike splayed out on the floor of a mini roundabout; car had pulled out no idea who at fault.

Just giving me pause for thought that perhaps the longer train journey is the way to go; not enjoying it much as I used to but only ride in twice a week now.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Accident last week

Post by MrGrumpy »

Surprise Surprise, an Audi driver...I have so many hassles with mad & bad Audi drivers!
As for the commute, I get the impression that train commuting is so hellish - slow, crowded, uncomfortable and appallingly expensive - that sticking to the scoot might seem the better choice! At least you have the choice...

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

I was heading south on the A442 the other day and I could see vehicles pulling out to join the road, were struggling with the low sun. I rode very cautiously and there were no incidents but not long afterwards, the road was closed, with air ambulance and serious injuries.

Bern

Post by Bern »

rayb wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:41 pm I could see vehicles pulling out to join the road, were struggling with the low sun.
Phil the Greek, has become a 'trend setter' :lol: :lol: :lol:

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Bern wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:20 am
rayb wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:41 pm I could see vehicles pulling out to join the road, were struggling with the low sun.
Phil the Greek, has become a 'trend setter' :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did wonder if a Landrover was involved.