Vespa GTS 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: Vespa GTS 300

Post by mottza »

Valet the Wing and it'll feel like a new bike.

Must admit I do like the Wings... Don't fancy a Forza?
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

XP500FUN wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:35 pm I am wondering about sticking with my SW for this nick/rob issue, they are a heavy old lump too.

Also I took a passneger on the back the other day, 10/11 Stone and on the hills it was Ok,

I also think I would miss the wind protection of a GTS300 compared to the SW as well.

You obviously got a good beast, at a good buy back when it landed.
TBH if they want it here they take it, the thefts are either joyride (I hate that word) or professional gangs.
As it wasn't a huge seller here or abroad the SW slips down the list for the professionals.

Did the pillion bit to several bike meets last year with a mate, 16 stone + apiece OK was a good description :lol:

I also thought about the seating position as the feet forward does make France a more relaxed trip.

Yes it's rare but sometimes I do get a result 8-)

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

mottza wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:14 am Valet the Wing and it'll feel like a new bike.

Must admit I do like the Wings... Don't fancy a Forza?
It is nearly that time of year again :oops:
but as I stated on Ha'penny pier I still like 'banana' wing (an American has done it on the yank forum & looks good IMO)

Yes to a Forza (your version as I don't like keyless) and that one at Lings really appealed.

NB

https://www.lingsmoto.com/usedvehicles/ ... icerange/0

You could get another £100 off that price I reckon + 0%, if only I had space

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

A friend as just been telling me a mate of his is looking for a crankshaft for one,
it's only just over 2 years old with less than 3,000 miles up big end gone and the rod
made a brake for freedom knocking a hole in the cases, it came very cheap so
he is happy to fix it.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Hi Scootypuff, my GTS300 which is a 2016 bike costs me £105 pa to insure fully comp and it's an all the whistles and bells policy. That's with Ageas Insurance. It has full legal protection included and some other stuff I don't actually need. Thefts of the GTS300 are quite low in this area (North Essex) so I'm told by my insurers but it's your postcode that will make the difference.

I'll pm you in a day or two to catch up mate.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Data wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:03 pm I'll pm you in a day or two to catch up mate.
A ride, coffee n catch up local be excellent.

Currently MP3 researching :geek:

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Scooty, can't do riding out much at the moment. Nursing wife after she's been really ill. Had two lots of urgent brain surgery. She's been in hospital for nearly 6 weeks in London. That's why I haven't been on site lately. But soon, that'd be great!

MP3's are fantastic, but prefer the Peugeot Metropolis myself as it has fewer issues and more room for feet to get comfortable. The 2018 Peugeots were completely redesigned with stiffer frames (although they do look similar to the earlier ones), better engines, bigger wheels, and a few other subtle changes that make all the difference. And there wasn't much wrong with the earlier one either. Good solid bikes that perform great! Good luck with the search mate...I'd love to come with you for a test ride or two but just can't make it at the moment. Keep us all up to date.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Data wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:19 am Scooty, can't do riding out much at the moment. Nursing wife after she's been really ill. Had two lots of urgent brain surgery. She's been in hospital for nearly 6 weeks in London. That's why I haven't been on site lately. But soon, that'd be great!

MP3's are fantastic, but prefer the Peugeot Metropolis myself as it has fewer issues and more room for feet to get comfortable.
Really really sorry to hear that, thoughts & prayers for you both. No worries about the riding as & when.

Funny you mention Metropolis as it's the model I've leaned toward for the very reason you mention and have asked advice elsewhere to see if any owners can comment on latest models.

I'm also considering it on PCP as 3 wheelers are like herpes once you've got it, you can't get rid of it (I know 2 MP3 owners both can't get rid of them for sensible money even in the trade) & eBay flooded with ex Met Police cast offs now.

There is one on eBay at Chelmsford but the seller seems a cowboy as it's photographed outside a shop selling bikes and as the auction closed price suddenly went from a reasonable £3400 to £3995.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

put the s/wing details up here Harvey, you never know , someone might show interest.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:31 am
Data wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:19 am Scooty, can't do riding out much at the moment. Nursing wife after she's been really ill. Had two lots of urgent brain surgery. She's been in hospital for nearly 6 weeks in London. That's why I haven't been on site lately. But soon, that'd be great!

MP3's are fantastic, but prefer the Peugeot Metropolis myself as it has fewer issues and more room for feet to get comfortable.
Really really sorry to hear that, thoughts & prayers for you both. No worries about the riding as & when.

Funny you mention Metropolis as it's the model I've leaned toward for the very reason you mention and have asked advice elsewhere to see if any owners can comment on latest models.

I'm also considering it on PCP as 3 wheelers are like herpes once you've got it, you can't get rid of it (I know 2 MP3 owners both can't get rid of them for sensible money even in the trade) & eBay flooded with ex Met Police cast offs now.

There is one on eBay at Chelmsford but the seller seems a cowboy as it's photographed outside a shop selling bikes and as the auction closed price suddenly went from a reasonable £3400 to £3995.
Newcombe Brothers have a couple of Metropolis did sale. Could be them.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should