Riding in February !!!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Re: Riding in February !!!

Post by Sylar »

Yes it was funny to see the number of bikes on the road this time of year, usually only one or two and me. I took my handlebar muffs off for a couple of days and didn't need my heated grips or heated vest, back on now though. Nice ride out today at normal temperatures for this time of year and a bit of rain, as per normal, only me at the rest stops. Not to worry, the hump back brigade will be out soon enough to impress us all with their great riding skills.

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

rayb wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:14 am
Maxsymuppet wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:26 am Better make the most of it. I reckon as February has been so warm the ice and snow will hit us this month instead.
Wind and rain for the next 10 days.
It will probably hit us later this month then. We can't get away with it surely (And don't call me Shirley.)

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Storm Freya actually hitting us now here in west dunbartonshire

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

And in Salisbury; fortunately, I don't have to go out although I might go shopping later ...... in the car.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

It's fine and dry here too - just back from a run on the Forza 8-)

orange1290
Current Ride: XMAX 300

Post by orange1290 »

Meldrew wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:13 am It's fine and dry here in Valletta, Malta .
yep, was out at Golden Bay and Circewwa this morning, popular spots for bike meets on a Sunday.
2017 XMAX 300
2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure T
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

oblong
Current Ride: Satelis

Post by oblong »

Did about 400 miles in Feb on the Satelis.
One 240 mile journey in two days. My longest yet.

What I did discover during this time was how well the scooter responds to counter steer.
Ive only had the scoot since Dec and hadn't thought to try this.

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

You don't half get about Meldrew, I'm off to Spain next Sunday just to stock up on Cigars before Brexit. It rained all day today here but, I did the 10,000km service on the Cruisym so it suited me fine.

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

I know what you mean about the buses. When we were in Malta some years ago, we were waiting for a bus, and a priest and a couple of nuns joined the queue. Some police came along and talked to the priest. The next bus that was coming past the police stopped it. They had words with the driver and all the people on that bus had to get off. The driver changed his destination board and we all got on and it went were we were going. Do they still say they drive on the the side the shade is on,not on the left or right as is normal.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

The days of the old colonial Bedford buses is well gone - the service is now operated by Malta Public Transport with a modern fleet of buses - it is sensible to purchase a tallinga card as you benefit from cheaper fares - the colourful old Bedford buses were certainly full of character however they were somewhat uncomfortable - Malta is a fascinating place to explore - there are many classic cars on the island which can be seen most weekends at designated meeting places - there is also a thriving motorcycle community - I’m certain that there a few expats on this forum who reside there