Riding in February !!!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Re: Riding in February !!!

Post by Aaron »

Last day of summer today, here in Australia. We are having a crazy hot few days. Was 38c today riding home from work, and will be 38c for next 2 days.

Hope after these next few days, our temps will drop to normal Autum type temps of mid to low 20c's

Aaron

spdtwn
Current Ride: Vespa Sei Giorni HPE + MP3 250

Post by spdtwn »

Mid 20s here in Auckland. Been snowing down South Island. Take your pick. :roll:

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Back to normal here yesterday.

Rain clouds looming and once the choirs completed went to get ready the heavens opened and the temp' plummeted.

Big toy got wet, I sat indoors :roll:

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Yep Summer has gone.

1st day of Spring today.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Better make the most of it. I reckon as February has been so warm the ice and snow will hit us this month instead.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Maxsymuppet wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:26 am Better make the most of it. I reckon as February has been so warm the ice and snow will hit us this month instead.
Wind and rain for the next 10 days.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I remember the last time when something similar happened to the weather in February - sometime around 1997 I think - March was awful. I've been away so haven't been riding in the nice weather, but this week I've got to take the Tmax to York for its recall - and its forecast to be cold and maybe wet!

Bern

Post by Bern »

rayb wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:14 am Wind and rain for the next 10 days.
For greater bowel & bladder control you need to practice your pelvic exercises Bud :lol: :lol:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Actually, the last few days has brought its own difficulties - what do you wear? In the morning, there have been frosts (even in Essex!) whilst in the afternoons its been Summer temperatures, so you'd have needed several complete sets of seasonal clothing to have the right gear for the time of day!

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:45 am Actually, the last few days has brought its own difficulties - what do you wear? In the morning, there have been frosts (even in Essex!) whilst in the afternoons its been Summer temperatures, so you'd have needed several complete sets of seasonal clothing to have the right gear for the time of day!
I've taken the lining out my trousers & not put kevlar jeans on yet just work cargo trousers which cuts the chill but kept liner in the tops and use the airflow vents on the RST.

Slightly pungent by the time I get indoors mind :lol: