T max 6000 mile service

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

T max 6000 mile service

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Just had mine done . They did the recall flash Ecu new belt new cvt and 2 new tyres. It rides better than new . I had an x max as a loaner and while nice was so cramped
For my 6 foot 6 frame . Lovely to stretch back out on the way back hoe on my lovely t max

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Re: T max 6000 mile service

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Since the service the bike has been faster quieter and revs further , it hits an easy 90-100 at 7000 on a closed road :mrgreen: a lot of the noise has reduced since the rear belt and new cvt unit anyone else noticed this ?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Mine's very quiet at the moment..in fact utterly silent. its still in York awaiting repair, with no forecast date for completion! Despite having a mk3 as well, I'm missing the mk6 so much more than I expected.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

k
MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:37 am Mine's very quiet at the moment..in fact utterly silent. its still in York awaiting repair, with no forecast date for completion! Despite having a mk3 as well, I'm missing the mk6 so much more than I expected.
Sorry to hear that . There were 2 T Max’s in bits when I got mine serviced , engines out looks like same issue as you as they were mk 6’s . No official announcement from Yamaha but clearly there’s an issue . Yours was an early bike like mine . Hope you get it sorted soon , but it makes us mkm6/owners a bit paranoid reading what happened to yours

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

tmaxrobbo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:59 am
Sorry to hear that . There were 2 T Max’s in bits when I got mine serviced , engines out looks like same issue as you as they were mk 6’s . No official announcement from Yamaha but clearly there’s an issue . Yours was an early bike like mine . Hope you get it sorted soon , but it makes us mkm6/owners a bit paranoid reading what happened to yours
Really?? Wow! I was told that my bearing failure was 'almost unprecedented' - so rare that Yamaha Japan were taking a direct interest. It looks very suspicious that two others are undergoing major surgery. You maybe right to be paranoid, as it's a serious failure if it happens - having your rear wheel lock is tricky at any speed, but failing at speed on a busy road is not a pleasant thought. And you get almost no warning. :o :o

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Kindly stolen from X9 forum credit Dave Milnes

Product: Motorcycle

Brand: Yamaha

Name: TMAX XP530

Type / number of model: Type-approval number: e13*168/2013*00047;
Type: SJ14

Batch number / Barcode: Vehicles produced between 2017 and 2018 are affected.

Risk type: Injuries

Limited durability of the belt-drive causes damage and, consequently, a loss of power transmission.
As a result, the rider could lose control of the motorcycle.

Measures taken by economic operators: Recall of the product from end users (By: Manufacturer)

Is that the same recall everybody is talking about??

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:45 pm Kindly stolen from X9 forum credit Dave Milnes

P
Risk type: Injuries

Limited durability of the belt-drive causes damage and, consequently, a loss of power transmission.
As a result, the rider could lose control of the motorcycle.

Yes, but if the belt breaks, you will mostly - I presume - roll to a halt, unless the belt gets wrapped into something. What I had was a bearing fail in the shafts that run across the scoot from the CVT to the drive belt pinion. Presumably the failure of the bearing caused some other damage causing the transmission (after the CVT) to seize.
The belt failure is what the recall was about.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I think its probably fair to say the dealer may not be being a bit shifty about what happend in there ? I hope, but rather Coy at least.

I think you will need a full print out of what they think happend and what has been replaced etc.

It was only a matter of luck you were`nt hurt.

Have you spoken to Yamaha yet yourself, might be an idea to see whats what.

Any indications re cost etc, re non for you ?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

No-one's even hinted at anything other than it being covered under warranty. They'd have to give me a quote if they wanted to charge me, followed by treatment for my heart attack when I saw how much it would cost!