Riding in March !!!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Riding in March !!!

Post by MrGrumpy »

Phew...its a positive scorcher out there today! It must be Spring - I left the back door slightly open and within half an hour a fly flew in!

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Meldrew wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:45 am Yes the weather is improving, after the cold brutal headwinds of all last week I started cycling in shorts again today.
I too had a bit of a pedal but not in shorts, although I possibly could have done. Very pleasant through Himbleton and Bradley Green, I chickened out a Shell Ford and took the long route.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Not that warm in Portsmouth - cloudy and cool here.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Yep, a toastie 10’c in Portsmouth. Overcast with a biting wind so I am glad I am stuck in the lab at work for a change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

You should come to the Hot & Sunny NE England!! That's not a sentence you write very often!

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

15c in cloudy Essex
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Yes Thursday was like summer in the NE so nipped out for a quick hour later on.

Very nice . Never felt any chills at all, and the scenery was all lovely and clear.

A lot of heather burning going on as well.

The roads oddly seem absolutely salt covered even after all of the rain we had, I wonder if they are just using it up or something ?

Also followed a newish Yamaha N Max for a while

Seemed to go quite well, but when he went over the bad bits road wise here I could see the suspension seemed to do very little and shocked through quite a bit.

Mind you it went fairly well for a 125 I have to say.

Looking fairly OK for the next few days as well, hope it is elsewhere too.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

XP500FUN wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:56 am

The roads oddly seem absolutely salt covered even after all of the rain we had, I wonder if they are just using it up or something ?

I think what happens at this time of the year is that all the residue of the salt that's been put down over winter comes out of the road somehow. The roads round here are almost white, but I'm pretty sure the council won't have been gritting for weeks. Perhaps its when the tarmac begins to get warm - I dunno! icon_dunno.gif

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

I have to remind myself that Winter has just ended and that those Feb temperatures were abnormal.......still chilly here in west Devon, though have gotten out on the scoot more, recently. I won't be getting my legs out on the bicycle yet Meldrew!

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

The salt leaching out sounds about right as does have that sort of look and very white over, though they did salt at least once since the end of February, and I couldn`t work out why but it was absolutley covered with the salt itself one day that wasn`t cold at all.

I`ve been out about 7 times so far this year but only later on when the roads were dry and not washed the bike at all, but will jet wash it in April.

If I come to a damp or wet patch I creep through then toodle for a few small run, before accelerating.

But wow it has been nice to be out so early on this year. And not looking too bad for the rest of March if the beeb are to be believed.