Riding in March !!!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Riding in March !!!

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

........I ain't :|

sad vampire
Current Ride: NC750 DCT+Aprilia Atlantic 500

Re: Riding in March !!!

Post by sad vampire »

You're missing out on road sludge, slippery roads, salted visor, high winds, showers, hailstones....

I see your point

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Que?

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

Happen if it ever stops raining and blowing.
Likely had our summer for 2019.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Riding in the UK usually means, at this time of the year , you get wet. You get a bit blown about by the wind. You sometimes hit a bit of snow. I usually do 10,000mls a year. I am retired and do not need to go riding, I do it because I have done it all my life. If you have the right kind of riding gear it can be just as enjoyable at any time of the year. This time of year no hump back brigade blasting past. And generally people are more polite and tolerable.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Snag with March is that its so unpredictable. Can be a heatwave, or can be snow. Snow is more frequent in March than December and White Easters are more common than White Xmas'!

bn1966
Current Ride: Vespa GTV 300 SG

Post by bn1966 »

Out last week but avoiding the current rain, wind & chill....once apon a time I had no choice :D

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Sylar wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:35 am Riding in the UK usually means, at this time of the year , you get wet. You get a bit blown about by the wind. You sometimes hit a bit of snow. I usually do 10,000mls a year. I am retired and do not need to go riding, I do it because I have done it all my life. If you have the right kind of riding gear it can be just as enjoyable at any time of the year. This time of year no hump back brigade blasting past. And generally people are more polite and tolerable.
Couldn't say it better!
And modern riding gear is just SO good, especially behind maxi bodywork.
Planning to do around 160 mile round trip today via Tetbury and Bath to Shepton Mallett for the big autojumble at the Bath and West; will park up amongst all the 'bikers', get off Max warm and clean, get soup out from under the seat and enjoy watching them shiver their way past...while I stash all my gear under said seat! :D
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Uk riding means you are either cold and wet during the winter or just wet during the summer. There is the odd day that the golden orb in the sky appears but they are few.
Rode the quick 15 miles to work in my usual gear (cheapy wax jacket, summer gloves and my usual work wear, T shirt and jeans) and I was fine in the 8’c temps. Coming home last night in the rain I was freezing even though the temps had gone up to 12’c.
While I was hoofing along the motorway I worked out the wax cotton jacket was pants at keeping you warm in the wet. Never a problem before we moved but I was only riding around town not the motorway.
Lucky I picked up a new fabric jacket at the bike show last month so time to dig that out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Last week it was summer temperatures, this week its sleeting here and heavy snow on hills!!!