Burgman

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Burgman

Post by Symcity »

There’s a particularly clean Burgman 650 on biketrader at the moment - it’s a 2007 model with 22K on the odometer - never had one mot advisory in its whole history - the seller is in Worksop and it’s priced at £2795 - just a heads up folks

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Re: Burgman

Post by bikerdezzie »

I get put off higher mileages,, never had a bike over 9k miles in my life, 650s pricey to maintain also service time.
Dezzie

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

22k is nowt to worry about as long as it's been maintained ,just look on the burg site at the high milers on there . Yes can be expensive to fix but everything is getting that way again ,that's one of the reasons I got the crossrunner as home servicing is doable even the big valve service with a little patience .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Speaking as someone who has ridden and maintained the big burger, I'd say if the 2007 bike is a good one, go for it. They aren't the easiest bike to maintain but it's doable and will save loads of dosh if one can diy. The earlier ones do have some issue but these can be overcome. I completely rebuilt two earlier models after early belt breakages. It was a huge task and I was trained by a Suzuki technician to do the first one. I then proceeded to undertake the second one on my own. It was not a fun job but saved our company (they were company bikes) around £2000. Total time to do the work was over 18 hours working with just two breaks. I was on my knees by the time it was finished.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Nice black one on facebook marketplace under 3k with under 12k miles.
Dezzie

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

There's decent 400 been added on Burgman riders UK silver grey 08 reg 5 k miles rear box £1800 or near offer. Chorley .