Tmax demo

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Tmax demo

Post by bikerdezzie »

Anyone in Northeast fancy a testride, Ian Bells motorcycles in Bedlington, Northumberland has a lovely new grey one in fitted with an Akra exhaust to blast about on, also have a mk5 model in 2nd hand around 6.5k and an X Adv for similar price.
Dezzie

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Tmax demo

Post by MrGrumpy »

You posted that 2 days ago! I thought I'd got stuck in a time loop for a moment there!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

To be pedantic, an Akra exhaust on a Yamaha is an official accessory, rather than merely an aftermarket add on. Damned expensive though!

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Meldrew wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:52 am It's interesting this, a dealer has a demo TMax probably with very few miles with an expensive aftermarket exhaust on, and which someone will no doubt buy in the Spring for £8-9k , but anyway even if you've no intention of buying, it's there 'to blast about on'.

A few weeks ago I read a post on another forum from someone who'd taken out a dealers new Honda Forza 300 with about 400 miles on the clock and took it up to 80-85mph 'just to see what the screen was like. As far as I know this bloke didn't buy a Forza, yet he thought he had the right to wring the neck of a brand new £5k scooter.

Is this normal practice, or am I completely out of touch on these matters?
I've bought ex demo bikes before, and assumed that they had been shown no mechanical sympathy on test rides.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

You would have thought theses days they could set the ecu map to a lower power mode until its run in and had its first service .

bikerdezzie

Post by bikerdezzie »

Well most people ride a demo how they would if it was their bike, what is the point of driving like Miss Daisy if its intended purpose is having the power to get to motorway speeds and handle good on the twisties? Its unlikely to be screwed within an inch of its life and hitting 115mph anywhere, blast about means just that, take it for a quick blat about, see how it handles and accelerates, i understand if it was a 125 as you have to ride it harder to keep up with normal traffic and on faster roads but its more than capable to hit legal speeds and have plenty in reserve, having owned several 125 bikes the last 9 years its virtually impossible to do 600 miles and keep it under 30mph in some cases.
Dezzie

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

It's more about abusing a scooter that's not properly run in that have no intention of buying .I don't think was directed at you personally .I agree

Its like ragging the shit out of a hire car I just wouldn't do that either .

orange1290
Current Ride: XMAX 300

Post by orange1290 »

The engines are run to the red line (as with all bikes/cars) for several minutes at the factory to test they put out the required power and to makes sure there are no oil/air leaks. The running in period for the owner is to bed in suspension bushings, drive belt etc.
2017 XMAX 300
2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure T
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

bikerdezzie

Post by bikerdezzie »

You might remember back in the day my waffling was appreciated as nobody else went into the research i did, spent hour after hour trawling foreign sites and translating info for many as well as hunting parts at that time, i had folk contact me direct from the U.S before they got them wanting info i managed to source so although my ownership lasted 3.5 years i have looked into every aspect of them before i got mine and still to this day, i just feel sometimes you will make a comment which goes awry and off the main point of the topic posted to get a rise out of people hence why you have had many comments over the years regarding getting peoples back up, so now what has turned into useful info for someone has gone off topic again and turned it into something else, just cannot understand why if not interested in the post you decide to comment knowing it will get a reaction, do you get a kick out of it or are you really so miserable you like to spoil other folks day? I have been a member around 13 years now including the original group and never commented on anything you post, if i get annoyed or show no interest in it i just dont read the post.
Dezzie

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Meldrew wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:00 am He also seems to think I deliberately try to wind him up, his words not mine.
From an objective standpoint, there does seem to be some sort of pattern to this.

Anyway, that's the end of that particular spat, as I will personally delete anything else on the matter. :twisted: