dirty Forza to clean new Forza

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Generalpurpose

Re: dirty Forza to clean new Forza

Post by Generalpurpose »

muddyfox wrote:but prices seem to have creeped up in the last week or so?

Heading towards better weather.
or Brexit impact. lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Trial and error Meldrew - trial and error 😉

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

This was a first for me this morning...

not riding in cold temperatures but having a snow flake on the dash board!Image

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

not riding in cold temperatures but having a snow flake on the dash board!

I know what you mean. When I commuted, I'm now retired, on my scooter I would get "ICE" flashing up on the dash at 4 degree C. Not the most confidence inspiring thing you want to see going into a bend. Thankfully I now ride when I want to not when I have to.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

I must say in all the years I have been commuting I never missed the cold temp warning as I always felt it...

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

today was time for the 1st service for the new Forza. of course all was as it should.
I was just at 603 miles and so far the new one is perfect. better mpg than the older version too...

Deleted User 7142

Post by Deleted User 7142 »

Thats a great looking scoot and the colour suits it well.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Did my first night ride on mine last night, decent headlights for a change and liked the dash lit up on my 2013 model, still getting used to the handling, tyres have correct pressure, shocks on middle setting but slightest bump or white line bumps me all over its quite unnerving but not sure if thats just normal and i just have to put up with it or not, got a puig screen ordered thats a bit taller and some adjustable levers on order but wondering if its worth upgrading suspension at a later date, back is not that bad its the front shocks seem like someones swapped the springs for solid bar and i know Bitubo do progressive springs so will look into that more but for now i will leave it and get a few months seat time to see if its my riding or the scoot or both before spending anymore.
Dezzie

Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by Scootles »

Following on re gps, I tried mine on the right hand mirror mount and have now installed a RAM ball in the centre of the handlebars. I found that the plastic trim can be refitted with the RAM ball left in place, when the gps is removed. Still contemplating the power supply.
While it will look strange, I might fit an extra mirror on the mirror mount on the right. I find I cant get a good wide view of what's behind without moving my head around, and even then it's not brilliant. The weak point of the ( otherwise very good ) bike in my opinion. If Honda had put a bit of curvature in the mirror glass, a wider view could be possible. Makes me wonder if some sort of aftermarket mirror wll appear.
Did a few passes in Lakes on Thursday - some traffic chaos. Wouldn't even contemplate it on four wheels.

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

I went up to the Green Welly today (round trip of just over 100 miles). My tracker tells me that I was riding for 2.5 hours (holiday traffic) and my top speed was 75mph. I was amazed to see that I averaged 90.2 mpg. Had a great time round the twisties up Loch Lomond way, just perfect on a twist 'n go. Adds so much to the pleasure of riding.