dirty Forza to clean new Forza

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Generalpurpose

Re: dirty Forza to clean new Forza

Post by Generalpurpose »

Argyll wrote:I was sceptical about the Givi touring screen but have to say that it's an improvement on an already good screen. The extra width makes the bike feel quite substantial.

good color choice btw...

yes the screen is ok for now. on my first old Forza I had the honda tall screen which was always just a bit too low and for the second I left the low oe screen as it gave clean airflow...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Argyll wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:09 pm I was sceptical about the Givi touring screen but have to say that it's an improvement on an already good screen. The extra width makes the bike feel quite substantial.
Goodness Alan you chopped that grey forza in already - changed under warranty ? Or are you merely keeping up with the Jones’s

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

Guilty as charged. I had stuff to trade in and couldn't think what else to get. These two Forzas will do me for a few years without having to worry about piling on the mileage. The guys from Lloyds definitely thought that it was a bit strange though :D

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

Argyll wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:26 am Guilty as charged. I had stuff to trade in and couldn't think what else to get. These two Forzas will do me for a few years without having to worry about piling on the mileage. The guys from Lloyds definitely thought that it was a bit strange though :D
Well done you crazy man - mibeez see you sometime in May

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

Meldrew wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:37 am Two new Forza 300’s now that is impressive. You have the Givi tall screen and Shad rear rack on the newer 19 plate one, are they fitted to the other Forza too or is that just OE screen and maybe a rear rack for your Shad top box too.

Either way it's more practical than owning two different models, nice! :)
I have the touring screen on both bikes but I'll keep the Shad on the white one for touring but, as you say, there's always the option of a quick swap.

After I bought the black Forza I immediately realised that this was the first bike that I'd owned which did everything I wanted, and in comfort. Every other bike was a bit of a compromise. My priorities have always been long distance comfort, good weather protection, luggage capacity, ABS, reliability and no chain. The Forza does all that plus it is fun to ride, frugal on fuel, looks great and is relatively cheap to buy and service. It can also go faster than I generally like to ride and weighs in at a comfortable 184kg. The electric screen, traction control, dash information and keyless are other strong points for me. The Tracker is good, I suppose, but two lots of £109 per year might get to be rather expensive.

On the downside, the mirrors are definitely poor and the suspension can't possibly match a big touring bike but I'm learning to live with these aspects and hardly think about them now. I don't have any opinion on the lights (apart from liking low power draw) as I've not ridden in the dark yet, and rarely do.

I just think that it's a cracking all round machine. I honestly never thought that a scoot could be fun until I bought my red PCX. So glad that I did.

ps. yes Tam, we'll get some miles in when the temps rise 8-)

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

You can buy upgraded shocks from abroad should you want next level comfort and handling, i even think Ohlins do suspension upgrades if you ever feel the need.
Dezzie

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

Over six hundred squid for the Ohlins - I quite fancy the Bitubo brand

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Or yss?
Dezzie

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

I'll be sticking with stock. It's actually fairly decent considering it's a scoot. In fact, the whole package has been really well put together by Honda.

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

yes and if it's like my other two older Forza the suspension will soften over the year and miles

once question: do you guys turn the key fob off every time you park it up? I do and will keep doing so...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk