Trip prepping

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Trip prepping

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Change of plan with USB and volt meter bit of sticky pad and gorilla tape bodging .Now mounted on top of GPS so all comes off in one shall just plug it in in glove box .That way nothing left to steal when left outside hotels .Hopefully new xmax 300 and other vespas will attract more attention 6 scoots in total going .

Imagecapital one near my location

Takes me back to Maxi Touring days of tape and zip ties.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: Trip prepping

Post by rayb »

Is that a DIY waterproof housing for the SatNav?

Deleted User 7077

Its not water proof one but will be sitting well behind screen just above dash .I've used non water proof Chinese ones before on tours tucked out of the way been fine .Its got a sunshade taped on as well .

Deleted User 7077

Just had rumage in old tunnel bag found out a hein gerick GPS bag .I'd got a Starcom comms unit in there .Obsolete now with Bluetooth we used to use PMR radios and music off mp3 player back in maxi tour heydays .Found a lead with ciggy plug on can use plus an old dash cam I've been looking for. Should be able to give it ago in morning .

Deleted User 7077

Tried it in car as know socket works on that one and saved me taking cover off scooter .One of things can go on tour is volt reg or stator or can cook the battery .At least get bit of warning with voltmeter .I know they add them on new ones now but not on mine .Handy in car or van as well .

Imagesbi bank branch near me

Deleted User 7077

Getting closer now woohoo will he or won't he stay tuned for updates
Buy a tatty burgman 400 for £995 ride it to Hungary and back what could possibly go wrong

it's a Facebook link for face bookers in Italian with sub titles

https://www.facebook.com/18270198109347 ... 971161993/

Now on you tube for everyone.

[bbvideo]. [/bbvideo]

Deleted User 7077

New variator has arrived along with Dr pulleys with wings .Variator on burger at moment has done 36 k if its the original worn in midsection and that can cause belts to wear prematurely.