Wheel removal

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Re: Wheel removal

Post by XP500FUN »

I`d be very surprised if you don`t pick up on far better bump absorbtion at the rear with the city grip Sylar compared to the Maxxis. The older style Diablo`s sound good on that front as well. Not the new Rosso ones though.

I find City Grips feel a bit vague in the wet but OK.

The SC pures can be very odd on track lines/grooves etc in the road etc, I use a city grip on the rear and SC pure on the front of my silverwing.

One day going along ( SC Pures`s F+R then ) there was a sort of long diaganol line going accross the road and it was like the Pure SC tyre`s on stuck in it and I flew over to the side of the road following that track like it was on rails !!! gawd knows how I stopped on.

Got a new rear City grip going on the SW in the next few weeks, get 5K + on my bike, not too bad for the weight and our cheese grater chippingey roads, The SC`s seem to about 4K at the rear 10K at the front.

(2 SC pures F+R was at times very iffy grove following wise as I/ Sylar say, but just one on the front seems far less so so. But still there to a degree ).

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I had city grips on my Burgman 400. On the Silverwing (I did 40000mls on my first Silver wing and to date, have done 40260mls on my current Silverwing) I tried many different tyres but, went back to Bridegstones, I usually get 8000mls out of a rear tyre and 12000 out of a front.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Data wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:59 am Most of us can even tell if our tyre pressures are under or over as we ride so changing tyres between makes is always going to produce some degree of change to feel. If you see what I mean....
In total agreement with you Data - keep the tyres matched if possible - even with my car tyres I prefer them to be matched

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Having matched tyres makes sense, but, usually the rear wears out quicker than the front, in my case the Cruisym was bought new last year so this is the first tyre change, and, my tyre people do not do the Maxi tyres that came on the SYM. Still got three mm on front, so will match up when due for change.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I've never normally noticed much difference from having different crossply tyres on F&R...though I'd be more reluctant to have a mis-match of radials - does that make sense?
The time I did notice a difference was when I put a new ultra grippy Bridgestone Hoop on the rear of my old May 250 whilst retaining the old original Continental on the front! Scary! So much more grip on the rear than the front made the handling very tricky! Had to buy a new front Hoop as well!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Yes that makes sense Grumpy.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...