someone scored a bargain

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Generalpurpose

someone scored a bargain

Post by Generalpurpose »

just been watching this one go...
seems good value

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2842651305

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Re: someone scored a bargain

Post by bikerdezzie »

Yup my mate bidded but just missed out.
Dezzie

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Just shows you how a relatively new scooter can depreciate in a short period of time - you basically saved the VAT element on this scooter - times are difficult in this uncertain period of time

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

VAT is a big killer of value. £1500 basically gone as you are handed the keys. which do make some bargains for anybody buying though. most people i know say they would never buy new ,because of the value drop from purchase. for me personally i don't care about that part. i like the knowledge that nothing bad has happened to it , it's not been thrashed /bumped /crashed or bad servicing /no servicing done . as i seem to have the worst luck for finding dodgy things. the other time the luck went in my favour was the 650 burgman i tried to buy before the one i actually got ... it was 3years old an had an alarm fitted, the shop suggested it was removed as now would be the time it could start to play up..? so i said ok go for it , and that's where it all went wrong . they started to remove it and found it had been fitted in a way they had not come across before. and the alarm did it's job an fried the ECU as they tried to cut it out .. resulting in £1000 worth new ECU and loom/keys required. to which they said we can't sell this bike any more , so i ended up with a differant one , which my luck wasn't so good with as two months in an it was written off by a dopy cager driving into the back of me .
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

phantom309 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:25 am two months in an it was written off by a dopy cager driving into the back of me .
... but at least the alarm didn't go off and deafen you when it happened ... every cloud ... ;)

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I was watching this one, I thought £3.5K was quite a good price really privately.

I`ve only bought one new bike ever an NTV650 in 93, for £3.5K funnily enough.

Though our eldest son showed himself as on the way so sold it on soon after for £3K, but they were in short supply at the time luckily.

I have been getting very tempted by a 300 machine but I simply can`t give up the 600 motor in the SW, I`m addicted to it.

My dad bought an as new 14 month old astra that was £18K new from a dealer !!! for 9K odd last year. Now that is some serious slippage.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Newcastle Honda just got 5 x adv bikes in with some deal over a grand off rrp but looking on bike trader there are some around 8400 0 mileage and with a little more for under 8k so thats where i would stick my money.
Dezzie

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

bikerdezzie wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:45 pm Newcastle Honda just got 5 x adv bikes in with some deal over a grand off rrp but looking on bike trader there are some around 8400 0 mileage and with a little more for under 8k so thats where i would stick my money.
My X ADV is still in Lings Honda with every extra fitted and now down to £7700 I reckon somebody could get it for 7K as a cash deal

croyde

Post by croyde »

Does make you wonder what is possible if you haggle. Looking at TMax ads over the past 2 years and it's amazing the prices being asked. Had me thinking that they were depreciation proof so would be good for me when I sold.

I had it up twice on eBay and all I got were chancers offering half price. And mine was the lowest priced of it's year out there.

Had it up on Biketrader and only had one guy offering a grand less than I thought I wanted. Dropped the price massively and tried again and got one call as it turns out. He did call on the second day of the new ad and came straight over but still haggled me down.

I was going to turn him down but then I thought, I have insurance coming up as well as possibly new tyres, and glad I didn't as I have not had a call since.

He got one hell of a bargain. One 5,500 mile 2016 TMax at the same price that people are advertising their 2012s for.