new Sportsbikeshop Shop

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

new Sportsbikeshop Shop

Post by MrGrumpy »

Anyone 'oop North' buy stuff from Sportsbikeshop.co.uk?? I tend to buy quite a bit of stuff from them. Just got an e-mail from them saying that they are opening a shop in Regent Street, Leeds, apparently next to GetGeared's shop, and I presume J&S are still on the other side of the road? So, a right bike gear mecca!
I keep saying that one day I'll get my SatNav app working and drive there - I find Leeds terribly confusing and the journey seems endless on the train!!!

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: new Sportsbikeshop Shop

Post by StephenC »

I just ordered a new helmet online but never been there.

BTW, it's an MT Flux flip front with sun visor and pinlock-ready, with a 4* Sharp rating. £69.99 with free next day delivery. I had a Flux before but the crash boogered it. At least the pinlock can be swapped over.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Custom lids in Newcastle just moved to a big building on the Team Valley in Gateshead, worth a look in, even selling buggies and quads too, free coffee and a greggs or maccys yards away.
Dezzie

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

that's even further than the other one.. an boston is 139 miles each way...i'll stick to free post from them.. lol
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

phantom309 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:04 pm i'll stick to free post from them.. lol
Yes, they are very organised, and have free and easy returns as well. However, its quite nice to have a browse and try stuff on, especially as manufacturer's sizes do vary!

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

The shop in Boston is large,got a display in the shop,racks of jackets and trousers,but mainly tablet screens,you pick the item,someone fetches it from the huge warehouse,you try it on,if it fits you can buy it,if it dont fit its taken back to the warehouse,plenty of staff it to hand,large car park and food van,they seem to have a big stock of accessories as well,just been on their web site looking for a pinlock for my new Nolan,a few quid cheaper than the Visor Shop.

We had a ride to the Sportsbikeshop in Milton Keynes last summer on a small retail park,not overly impressed with MK....Boston shop was good,i have brought accessories there,but clothing i tend to use J&S

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Meldrew wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:34 pm

It's certainly better to have a nose round than the two other stores nearby, J & S and Get Geared.
Maybe you weren't the only one to think that - I've just received an e-mail from GetGeared saying that they are relocating the Leeds shop.....to Surrey! Why don't they just say they are closing it? Anyway, they claim to be having a stock clearing sale, though it seems its all a rush as they are closing after Monday!!!