Helix for sale in London??????

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
stephencd1
Current Ride: wanting a CN250

Helix for sale in London??????

Post by stephencd1 »

This Helix 250 has just popped up for sale in London and I'm desperate for a CN250 but BUT something has but the brakes on and I'm having doubts about this one. It could be good, anyone know?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3503117882

Crabbers
Current Ride: Helix 250

Re: Helix for sale in London??????

Post by Crabbers »

Hi,

I have just bought 2 Helixes & am in the process of doing the first one up. Look out for a new thread over the next few days.
If I can get 2 good bikes then I'm happy to share the love, if not then I may have a fair few spares. Either way feel free to get in touch if you feel I can help.

My thoughts on the bike on eBay are: It's fairly high mileage for the price, it has no screen, the re-spray doesn't look too great & the seller has no feedback - You're definitely paying London prices there.
To put it into perspective I was about to buy a mint Helix with a massive pile of S/H & 20,000 miles for the same price as the one on eBay - right up to the point the seller pulled out.

stephencd1

Post by stephencd1 »

Hi Mr\Miss Crabbers
Well I've contacted the seller on eBay for more information and pictures, but no reply. I seriously have my doubts about the advert.
I can't find one Helix for sale in the UK, Europe seems to have a few, might hire a big van and go shopping for a week or two over there.

stephencd1

Post by stephencd1 »

More pictures now posted, it's not winning me over, which is lucky as I've been contacted by a member on here selling one. I'm excited

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

good news !!
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

icon_bargain.png icon_bargain.png icon_thumbs_up.gif Helix, Helix - Helix

Looks like Crabbers has bought the lot!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Crabbers wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:58 pm If I can get 2 good bikes then I'm happy to share the love
If these are Julian's old bikes then I'd be very surprised if they weren't both viable. Neither should need much work to get them back on the road.

As for the bike on eBay - no way would I pay a grand for that. Granted, prices are on the up these days, but that's worth no more than £500 IMO.