Phone mount on Tmax Mk4 -- RAM mount

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Phone mount on Tmax Mk4 -- RAM mount

Post by Aaron »

I've been wanting to put a phone mount on my Tmax Mk4.

I've looked at quite a few different mounts online, but nothing really grabbed me.

There are the ones that go on the brake reservoir cover, but I think I read Meldrew say that he's tried one on a scooter in the past, and it made the reservoir leak brake fluid.

There is the bar that you can put across the bottom of the handlebar (See BigWheelsTurning on MajestyUSA), that you can use as a mount, but I think it would make it a pain to get the ignition key in and out.

There are plenty of mounts that attach to the handlebars, but the Tmax just doesn't have any exposed area of the handlebar that you can easily attach anything (unless you cut some plastics away)

Anyway, I didn't want to cut any body plastics of the Tmax, or I didn't want something that didn't look neat. I didn't want to modify anything.

So I bought a 1 inch RAM mount, and fitted it to the rear brake lever bolt. I didn't have to modify the scooter at all. I did have to buy some spacers, and a longer bolt (60 mm long), but I got it to fit neatly.

I haven't yet bought the actual case for my iPhone, but I will do that next. I first just wanted to see if my idea would work, and if I could fit the RAM mount. It is neat, and when not being used, its almost invisible.

I will most probably get a QuadLock cover for my iPhone, and attach it my RAM mount using a RAM arm.

Aaron

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: Phone mount on Tmax Mk4 -- RAM mount

Post by muddyfox »

Looks tidy.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Aaron wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:37 am I
There are the ones that go on the brake reservoir cover, but I think I read Meldrew say that he's tried one on a scooter in the past, and it made the reservoir leak brake fluid.

Aaron
No experience of a RAM mount, but I have had Tmaxs with a few things attached to the brake reservoir (eg heated grips, handguards) and not had any problems with leaks.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

I had the Yamaha one fitted to my my 4. Just had to cut out the t max logo on the handle bat cover and bolt it to the bars. Bought another cover to replace the cut one when I sold it. Still have the mount and cut cover somewhere. Made the mount very sturdy , better than the mk 6 one which wobbles about . A dremmel made cutting the logo out easy and with the Tom Tom on you could not see the whole or wiring .

Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Post by Aaron »

tmaxrobbo wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:46 pm I had the Yamaha one fitted to my my 4. Just had to cut out the t max logo on the handle bat cover and bolt it to the bars. Bought another cover to replace the cut one when I sold it. Still have the mount and cut cover somewhere. Made the mount very sturdy , better than the mk 6 one which wobbles about . A dremmel made cutting the logo out easy and with the Tom Tom on you could not see the whole or wiring .
I did see that Yamaha one. But I thought it was more for the specific Tom Tom GPS as you had. Looks like I would have had to adapt it a little to fit an iPhone to it.

I have now ordered a RAM arm and a Quad Lock phone cover. Ill take a photo when it all arrives

Aaron