Vespa GTS 300 HPE SuperTech

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: Vespa GTS 300 HPE SuperTech

Post by Symcity »

I think we all know the pluses and minuses of the Vespa - small tank capacity being one of those - however you are buying into a very niche market and into the Vespa lifestyle so to speak - a very iconic piece of machinery I’d truly love to own

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Guy has just been up to Nordkapp on one now in Finland heading south .He's in A92's Vespa club tho and has a beard proper hard core .lol

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

I think the tank capacity on the HPE is a bit small for sure, but I'm told by those that supposedly know about these things that it'll still have pretty much the same range as the previous version, the first of the Euro 4 bikes with the 8.2 litre tank. The new motor is quite a bit more economical even with the extra power. Much of that is down to how it produces that power, ie: loads of torque at low revs so you don't have to rev the nuts off it!

My own GTS has a 9.5litre tank. I was able to visit the NEC from north Essex and come back with just two fuel stops. I kept to 60mph most of the way for an economical leisurely trip and refueled just before the NEC. On the way back I again refueled just before getting back to home. Total trip was 340 miles. Bike averaged 90.3mpg brimming it each time. They are certainly good on fuel. Mines a Euro 3 version.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

capitano wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:22 am
Data wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:46 am Thanks to the mod that moved my post from the Burgman section. Much appreciated.
We try to help. ;)
Top marks Capitano...see you are settling in nicely as a mod. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

I’m getting unduly excited by talk of this 300HPE vespa - which is bad at my time of life! And yet I’ve never ridden a vespa, might have to look further into this?

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Robots review on hpe. Not Super tech one

Sent from Sunny Carnac , Brittany

[bbvideo]. [/bbvideo]

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Jimo wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:43 am I’m getting unduly excited by talk of this 300HPE vespa - which is bad at my time of life! And yet I’ve never ridden a vespa, might have to look further into this?

Jim
Jim, get your arse on a Vespa GTS 300. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

rayb wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:33 am I used to be the First Aider at school and when asked what was wrong, the kids always started with "Well." Invariably with an elongated vowel. So as soon as they got the word Well out, I'd quickly reply "If you're well you can clear off!"
So..... :lol:

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

does look lovely and looks well built
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Pete07bikes
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS300 HPE

Post by Pete07bikes »

Being one of the most stolen scooters is a big negative for me
I had a new one in 2011 and, while it rode very well it was horrendously expensive on servicing (every 5,000 km) because I was riding 10,000 miles a year at the time and the speedo cable was very difficult to replace.
I guess the service intervals are longer now and the speedo is probably electronic but I wouldn't have another one
Pete
Rainham, Medway Towns, Kent
Honda CB500-XA