What to try and buy

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: What to try and buy

Post by muddyfox »

Meldrew wrote " If you want positive memories, I remember wearing it on a touring holiday a few years later and dumping in a rubbish bin in Andorra after I'd bought a much better Shoei helmet there tax free".
I can truly believe you have some good memories, and some great tales to tell, from your many trips around the globe. When I read your response regarding the French excuse for a toilet it bought a smile to my face and a "Thats Meldrew" thought to my mind. I really enjoy your input towards this forum. You are a one off and have chosen your forum name well.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Re: What to try and buy

Post by richie the 1st »

Meldrew wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:53 am
muddyfox wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:27 am
Meldrew wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:29 am I went to the Bol D'or 24 Hours Endurance Race at Circuit Paul Ricard many years ago. My abiding memory isn't about bike racing but of the absolutely foul stinking overflowing hole in the ground toilet blocks.
Well we would not expect any positive memories from you Meldrew :D
Yes the toilets were typically horrendous but my memories are of 7 days of laughter, drinking, getting lost trying to find our way back to our tents, sitting at the end of the Mistral Straight at 4:30am with Dutch,French,German and Italian bikers all swopping beer and wine with each other,whilst the race continued, and English being the only common language between us.
Paying 170 francs( about £18) for 3 days track side camping and pit access. Good times. Went in 1988 and 1989.
If I remember correctly I was there in 1979, and I brought back an Italian made Nava full helmet. If you want positive memories, I remember wearing it on a touring holiday a few years later and dumping in a rubbish bin in Andorra after I'd bought a much better Shoei helmet there tax free.
I was there in 1983 went on a Honda cb750f2 with a full fairing,sunny sount of france ,bollocks rained all the way,saw the bike race,got in to the pits at night thanks to a younger Mr. Juilan ryder,showing me where to go.
Stiil got my hat that says circuit paul ricard,was watching the start from the start line pissed at the time drinking pernol,[lots] got last coming back,so came back on my own,
1986 went down in a old amblance,was on cruthlies at the time with a broken leg,still good though,
1987 went down and back on a Yamaha 350 lc power valve,was going to stop over night,got there to early so rode all the way with stops for petrol[lots] met up with friends ,got pissed ,saw the race,left on the Monday morning,rode back non-stop[did for fuel] got back Monday night,so you can do any trip on anything,but back to your trip,seeing as I live down Kent way,and that's got to be 450 miles less then you.
What would I use..??? Some one on here used his Honda sh300i scoot,i would use my Honda sh125i scoot.keep off the motorways,use quieter roads enjoy the ride/places/people but that's me,
Bol D"or again..??????????????????/ :x
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.