What to try and buy

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Re: What to try and buy

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I'd got my eye on this been waiting for him to reduce it which he has .I'm off on trip Friday on my K7 400 it so too close to put offer in .If its not sold by time get back may put offer in as its local to me .Not got Abs tho or would have put offer in before now .

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 504102480

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:49 am I'd got my eye on this been waiting for him to reduce it which he has .I'm off on trip Friday on my K7 400 it so too close to put offer in .If its not sold by time get back may put offer in as its local to me .Not got Abs tho or would have put offer in before now .

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 504102480
I maybe a snob and an pedant, but I'm always suspicious of advertisers who haven't the faintest idea of when to use capital letters! :lol:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

One detail I didn't mention is that the Xmax 400 (and the Burgman 400s) are of the simpler classic scooter design with engine mounted on the swing arm. The others are more bike-like with a chassis mounted engine, which generally mean better ride and handling (especially the Tmax) though I must be clear and say that I've never ridden either the Xmax or Burgman 400s. It depends on what is important to you of course.
If you are likely to use your scoot extensively for touring, then the Burgman 650 is worth considering - goes well enough, decent handling, huge amounts of space, but a heavy beast. They tend to be owned by older gentlemen and are thus normally normally well cared for secondhand.

Deleted User 7077

264 and 100% feedback more important to me .Turn up with cash if not as described walk away .I'd pay more if was in Dudley as Oldbury more Birmingham than Black Country. :lol: :lol:

Graffig
Current Ride: Honda cbx750fe

Post by Graffig »

Thank you so much everyone! Really good of you all to come back with comments, helps point me in the right direction and what to avoid (SKUtor’s bmw 👍🏻😀)

The folks with the xmax have come back with a very decent trade in price and mentioned that the bike would still need its 600 mile first service due to such low mileage. Also, it has a Yamaha top box rack fitted etc.

I popped into Edinburgh this morning to view an xmax in the flesh as I’ve actually seen one ‘live’ same for all the bike options actually. They look really well made, however, I was slightly surprised at how wide they are - though the same could be said for me 😂

Again, many thanks for all the comments 👍🏻

Graffig
Current Ride: Honda cbx750fe

Post by Graffig »

Thanks again mr grumpy 👍🏻
MrGrumpy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:23 am One detail I didn't mention is that the Xmax 400 (and the Burgman 400s) are of the simpler classic scooter design with engine mounted on the swing arm. The others are more bike-like with a chassis mounted engine, which generally mean better ride and handling (especially the Tmax) though I must be clear and say that I've never ridden either the Xmax or Burgman 400s. It depends on what is important to you of course.
If you are likely to use your scoot extensively for touring, then the Burgman 650 is worth considering - goes well enough, decent handling, huge amounts of space, but a heavy beast. They tend to be owned by older gentlemen and are thus normally normally well cared for secondhand.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

If this is your first scooter and you intend to take on the journey you have proposed then I’d be opting for the xmax 400 with nominal milage - power is more than sufficient for such a journey - in all honesty you don’t really require loads of luggage space for such a trip - the topbox and a tunnel bag would suffice - the xmax has all the modern gizmos and would be considerably better on fuel - which is becoming more expensive by the day - plus the dealer is offering you a part exchange - it’s a no brainer for me - and there are yamaha dealers all over europe PS just noted that the xmax 400 for sale in London doesn’t appear to have abs brakes - personally that would not concern me but it would with others

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

If you are concerned about power please be aware that I undertook a journey to the Mosel/Rhine area last year on my honda sh300i - it produces around 28 bhp and I can assure you it performed more than adequately - enjoy the ride

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Of course, it all depends on what you want, and what you are used to. If you have a CB750FE, then a Tmax is the most bike-like scoot around, whilst the Xmax will be more scooterish. Any will get you where you want to go, it depends on how much fun you want to have on the way and how fast you want to get there!

Deleted User 7077

Are you getting ferry to Spain or riding all the way ?