What to try and buy

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Graffig
Current Ride: Honda cbx750fe

Re: What to try and buy

Post by Graffig »

Brilliant Mr Grumpy - though I'd lucked out for a larger CC model :)

Thanks for confirming and the info about the Kymco dealer issues
MrGrumpy wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:01 am
Graffig wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:58 am This looks nice too - foolishly thought when seeing these mentioned, they were 300cc - shows how little I know about scooters!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... RZA&page=1
No, you are right, and the autotrader person is an idiot. A Forza 300 has 279cc!

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Well done for riding all the way .

Graffig

Post by Graffig »

Thanks mate - hopefully it comes true :)
Has been maxi tours wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:29 am Well done for riding all the way .

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Graffig wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am ...gave me the opportunity to see in the 'flesh' the new Xmax 400...I didn't realise how large these machines are. Wasn't overly taken with the width of the back end of the XMax...
Aye - As I have pointed out in my previous posts... She has a fat arse and no mistake!... Twin Air Box and 'Zorst... I got the 'Lil SH125 for commuting duties to London after nearly 3 years on the XMax400 that now sees out the Weekend rides...

Good luck on ya search, always wise to get out there see 'em close up and try before ya buy where pos.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Graffig wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am , I didn't realise how large these machines are. Wasn't overly taken with the width of the back end of the XMax and visually, not keen on the Suzuki I'm afraid - maybe shallow, however, feel I need to like the looks of a bike as well as the practical performance matters.
There again, a large rear end is in many cases what gives you lots of luggage room! The Xmax has room for 2 full face helmets doesn't it?? Bulky things helmets and manufacturers have to make space somehow. Personally I'd like as much luggage room as possible and am not so bothered about what it looks like, but each to their own etc..

Graffig

Post by Graffig »

with you mrgrumpy - storage is not to be underrated!
MrGrumpy wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:32 pm
Graffig wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am , I didn't realise how large these machines are. Wasn't overly taken with the width of the back end of the XMax and visually, not keen on the Suzuki I'm afraid - maybe shallow, however, feel I need to like the looks of a bike as well as the practical performance matters.
There again, a large rear end is in many cases what gives you lots of luggage room! The Xmax has room for 2 full face helmets doesn't it?? Bulky things helmets and manufacturers have to make space somehow. Personally I'd like as much luggage room as possible and am not so bothered about what it looks like, but each to their own etc..

Graffig

Post by Graffig »

many thanks xmax400Paul
XMax400Paul wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:11 am
Graffig wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am ...gave me the opportunity to see in the 'flesh' the new Xmax 400...I didn't realise how large these machines are. Wasn't overly taken with the width of the back end of the XMax...
Aye - As I have pointed out in my previous posts... She has a fat arse and no mistake!... Twin Air Box and 'Zorst... I got the 'Lil SH125 for commuting duties to London after nearly 3 years on the XMax400 that now sees out the Weekend rides...

Good luck on ya search, always wise to get out there see 'em close up and try before ya buy where pos.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Meldrew wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:29 am I went to the Bol D'or 24 Hours Endurance Race at Circuit Paul Ricard many years ago. My abiding memory isn't about bike racing but of the absolutely foul stinking overflowing hole in the ground toilet blocks.
Well we would not expect any positive memories from you Meldrew :D
Yes the toilets were typically horrendous but my memories are of 7 days of laughter, drinking, getting lost trying to find our way back to our tents, sitting at the end of the Mistral Straight at 4:30am with Dutch,French,German and Italian bikers all swopping beer and wine with each other,whilst the race continued, and English being the only common language between us.
Paying 170 francs( about £18) for 3 days track side camping and pit access. Good times. Went in 1988 and 1989.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

muddyfox wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:27 am Well we would not expect any positive memories from you Meldrew :D
Nice one Muddyfox - my sentiments exactly

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Nice one meldrew - good shit in andorra - good ride from there to carcasonne in france - happy memories