So My T max is sold

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

So My T max is sold

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Sold or rather PX'd my T Max last week . It was the 8th one I've had and when sold it was running very well. However It had needed the heated grips repairing twice , and again failed . It had the ECU re flashed and a new CVT unit fitted as a warrantee recall .I did 7000 miles on it , got through a set of tyres in 6000 miles and the finish remained good with regular cleaning . I am getting a BMW C Evo scooter soon and really looking forward to it . It has a 100 mile range and should be cheap to run though expensive to buy ! I have test ridden one and it had very similar performance but better acceleration than the T Max . I like the thought of a green bike though realise I am moving the problem up stream . So a bit sad not to have a T Max , but I wont miss that big 12000 mile service nor the rear belt / difficulty getting the rear wheel out . We'll see how the Evo goes . I will let you know :mrgreen:

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: So My T max is sold

Post by capitano »

Awesome! I waved down the owner of one on the Isle of Man.

He rated his highly, and said that the range was larger than he expected.

I'm test riding a Zero DSR on Saturday. 😀

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

So....what happens if you want to ride more than 100 miles at one go? I may not do so very often, but it does happen. Won't you then need a Tmax as well, as backup for when the BMW won't do the job??

btw which tyres did you have on the DX? I only got 4600 miles out of the B.stones on the base model, but I'm terribly hard on tyres!

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:27 pm So....what happens if you want to ride more than 100 miles at one go? I may not do so very often, but it does happen. Won't you then need a Tmax as well, as backup for when the BMW won't do the job??

btw which tyres did you have on the DX? I only got 4600 miles out of the B.stones on the base model, but I'm terribly hard on tyres!
I have a GSA 1250 to do big miles if needed and an Enfield, though I would not do big miles on that . I had the original tyres on the T Max so Bidgestones probably . I thought of keeping the T Max but traded it for the 1250 . The Evo will be used as my day to day bike, I have a garage so can charge it daily . I was getting 130 miles to a tank, so not so far off the 100 mile range of the Evo . We’ ll See how it goes , but I think what with your experience, the new T Max is not as bullet proof as the previous models shame as I’ve had all models from mk 1 to mk 6 . . I had a C600 BMW which was not great but my trawling the net seems to find the Evo pretty good . Hope yours is fixed soon

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Got the Evo today!! What a piece of kit!! Love it . Quick as you like and very stable . Dynamic mode is the one, but sucks the juice ! Beautiful build quality and with the top box and sat nav real world useable. Will give updates , picked it up in a monsoon but it and I coped well:)

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Congrats, I had a nissan leaf, look bulky but was it rapid in S mode.Look forward to your review. They are a lovely looking machine. 8-)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Deleted User 7142

Post by Deleted User 7142 »

Congrats on the new Evo,i've been keeping my eye on these for a while, it will be interesting to here your thoughts over the next few months and see what the range really is in every day use.I have a plug in Hybrid Countryman and although its a great car the range has never got to the 26 miles stated but more like 16/17.
Some pics would be nice.

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Prob too old to appreciate paying £15,000 for electric bike....but it’s only money?
But maybe if I won the Lottery.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70