Tyres Honda X-ADV

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Tyres Honda X-ADV

Post by Stephen »

I’ve been out on the ADV today,so got one of the other lads to check out the wear on my tyres,we struggled to find the wear -bars,as they are not clearly defined,we come to the conclusion that the front does need changing and i must be heavy on roundabouts and righthand bends,because the righthand side is well worn,the rear is in much better condition than the front,my mate reckons there is plenty of wear left in it,6,400 miles on the clock.When i had the big Burger the rear tyre used to go first at around 6,000 miles,the front a good 10k+,so two rears to one front,so how come the front tyre on the Honda has worn before the rear,also the same appears to of happened on my Tmax.....i am far from being a techie or mechanic of any sorts,,just a little bit curious.....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Tyres Honda X-ADV

Post by MrGrumpy »

I'm not a techie either, but yes, the same thing happens on later model Tmaxs, though don't think it happened on earlier ones. I can only presume it must be something to do with weight distribution - littler scooters are quite rear heavy, but sporty scoots are much closer to 50-50. I wonder - without a shred of evidence - if most 'scooter' tyres are designed with smaller scooters in mind, which have rather less weight on the front, and scoots like the Tmax and X-ADV actually load the front more than tyre manufacturers would ideally want or expect. I suspect that even if this is so, the problem isn't unmanageable, else the Tmax would need specific front tyres with a higher load factor.

Stephen
Benefactor

Re: Tyres Honda X-ADV

Post by Stephen »

I think you idea of sporty scoots being 50-50 in weight distribution is correct,as this was suggested by another one of the lads which certainly would explain the wear on both front & rear,Rear tyres on both bikes hve survived a bit longer as i said,getting both tyres done on the tmax for sure,will probably do the same on the Honda,else it means messing about booking it in twice and lots of hanging around....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Stephen
Benefactor

Re: Tyres Honda X-AD

Post by Stephen »

Getting the new tyres fitted on the ADV this Friday at Wheels in Peterborough,meeting a couple of mates there,so we’ll have some breakfast upstairs in their cafe,which does a decent breakfast icon_thumbs_up.gif then we’ll talk a load of nonsense,wander downstairs,have a gander around the showroom,once my bike is done,may well have ride up to sportsbikeshop in Boston about 30 miles from Wheels,should help to scrub the tyres-in,if you’re local and free,you are more than welcome to pop along :geek: icon_chav.gif

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright