BMW C Evolution Scooter . Nice !

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

BMW C Evolution Scooter . Nice !

Post by tmaxrobbo »

So yes had it for 5 days now and I am pretty impressed . its the long range version , but in truth its not as long range as I'd hoped !!
BMW claim 100 miles range but I've got 75 miles maximum so far . That is in dynamic mode and giving it the berries though :)
Charging takes about 5 hours from near flat and is very straightforward . Charging cable comes with it and plugs into the wall . No extension lead allowed as they would fry . Its quick , very quick in Dynamic mode and there is an earie silence as you move off / touch of sci- fi touch of milk float!
4 modes Road , eco pro sail and dynamic . Dynamic is the best with full power and regeneration . Sail has no regeneration you just coast when you shut off , I'm not keen on sail as its like being in neutral but it could help extend range . The regeneration actually recharges the battery so you can watch the % of battery left increase on a long descent. The brakes are good, handling very good , like a T Max . It weighs more than a T Max but has a reverse gear to help man handle it at rest, once going the weight is not noticeable , the battery is the frame and low down.The sub frames are attatched to the battery box/ frame . There is abs and traction control , this is needed as there is a lot of instant torque , so accelaration is very good . Its faster off the mark than my old Mk 6 T max , but top end is not as good , . It is limited to 87 MPH ......fast enough then :)
I've been umming and Arring about buying one of these . It was a wrench to sell the T Max but I am happy with my EVO . I have a GSA for longer trips but this will be my daily grind bike . They are not cheap but there is a £1500 grant from the Government to offset the cost a bit . They have just gone up to £15400 now which is made . Mine was ordered last December when they were a lot less . Had to wait 6 months for it as they are made in small batches , only 100 registered on UK roads . Storage under the seat is poor but I have a BMW coded top box which takes it all . In short yes I love it . I love that its electric . I love it doesn't stink when I ride off to work in the morning. I love the quietness of it . i love the accelaration .Range could be better but maybe its the way I ride it . Do I miss the T Max ..........................Yes , but we'll see how this goes for the 3 years it is under warranty , the battery has an 8 year warranty . If you can have a test ride try it . The future looks electric in the near future . As an early adopter its an expensive machine , but I've wanted one since they launched . I will keep you informed as I put on the miles :mrgreen:

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: BMW C Evolution Scooter . Nice !

Post by Symcity »

Only a bright spark would buy such a shockingly expensive bike

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I guess it works for commuting, when you know how many miles you'll be doing, and where the recharge points are if you need them. Running costs are cheap (well, fuel costs are) but the first cost is horrendous, so it'd better last a long time for the economics to work!
btw is there any clue on how long the batteries last ie recharge cycles? Or did I read somewhere that the batteries are leased or something?

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:37 am I guess it works for commuting, when you know how many miles you'll be doing, and where the recharge points are if you need them. Running costs are cheap (well, fuel costs are) but the first cost is horrendous, so it'd better last a long time for the economics to work!
btw is there any clue on how long the batteries last ie recharge cycles? Or did I read somewhere that the batteries are leased or something?
the battery is warrantied for 8 years . The battery is owned not leased . they seem to keep full rechargability for the 4-5 years they have been out , and there are some that have done high mileages . There are few for sale second hand with few miles 950 miles for £12000 or so . Seems some don't do the Math's before buying . I used to find the 12000 mile service on the T max at £800-£1000 including tyre's a bit of a shocker . This just needs a look at every 6000 miles and tyre's at the same interval . Haven't bought any petrol since I bought it :mrgreen:

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Nice info...
Range v speed and all that, but thinking of commuting and maybe smallerccapacities - what effect does stop start traffic have, bet it robs the range?
Waiting waiting and waiting for Honda to release a little e...
The leccy pcx that was released in tailand or japan...
Could seriously consider an eSH 125 equivalent...
Althogh spec is indicating 25 miles at 40 mph... Need to double the range, and top speed woukd need to be 50
Come on Honda!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I've never paid anything like £800 for a 12k service, but I guess things are cheaper up here! I always laugh when e-scooter makers say that little or no servicing is required, just checking tyres and brakes - but I have more hassle with tyres and brakes than anything else! Just keep changing the oil and petrol engines seem to soldier on for years these days.

Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Post by Aaron »

Do you have photos yet ?

I only knew of the white ones, but I looked at the BMW UK page yesterday and saw they make them in black now.

Being in Australia, we probably wont see them here.

Would be fun to ride.

Aaron

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Aaron wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:12 pm Do you have photos yet ?

I only knew of the white ones, but I looked at the BMW UK page yesterday and saw they make them in black now.

Being in Australia, we probably wont see them here.

Would be fun to ride.

Aaron
yes sorry cant seem to upload as file too big will try and size them down . mine is black and grey with a touch of green in the centre panel . looks great I saw one at the NEC bike show last year and the colour swung it for me . Happy with it , needs a higher screen and that's all . Heated grips really hot and its been monsoon weather here last few days . good in the wet and roomy for me at 6 foot 5 . I have the comfort seat which makes it roomier / higher but puts you a bit more in the wind !! Hope they come to Australia as they are a great urban tool

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

XMax400Paul wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:02 pm Nice info...
Range v speed and all that, but thinking of commuting and maybe smallerccapacities - what effect does stop start traffic have, bet it robs the range?
Waiting waiting and waiting for Honda to release a little e...
The leccy pcx that was released in tailand or japan...
Could seriously consider an eSH 125 equivalent...
Althogh spec is indicating 25 miles at 40 mph... Need to double the range, and top speed woukd need to be 50
Come on Honda!
Stop start is not an issue . Its the Dynamic / full throttle use that drains the battery . I'll try it in eco pro but its a bit dull in that mode . the whole point is the rapid instant acceleration which is what you get with dynamic . stop start and you can keep it rolling at 3-4 mph no problem , very stable at low speed and economical . I hardly use the brakes .kind of Groovy :mrgreen:

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Do you have a smart meter on your household electric; if so how much is it costing every night?
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350