European Sales Figures.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Re: European Sales Figures.

Post by SkuTorr »

My brother bought an NC750 DCT...
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I toy with having an NC750X, but wind protection wise, they don't look much better than a naked bike to me.

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:30 am I toy with having an NC750X, but wind protection wise, they don't look much better than a naked bike to me.
Yeah.....I put a Givi taller screen with a Puig deflector on top of that on mine. Wind protection is ok now, but cost about £130 to do both, I often wonder why Honda didn't just do the job properly......

Probably cos it's warmer in most parts of the world so most customers aren't bothered..... :D
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

riders in the storm wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:40 pm
MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:30 am I toy with having an NC750X, but wind protection wise, they don't look much better than a naked bike to me.
Yeah.....I put a Givi taller screen with a Puig deflector on top of that on mine. Wind protection is ok now, but cost about £130 to do both, I often wonder why Honda didn't just do the job properly......

Probably cos it's warmer in most parts of the world so most customers aren't bothered..... :D
Cos most (UK) riders only ride when its warm!!

Its not the upper body wind protection that worries me but the lower - your legs look pretty exposed - do you find that a problem? I've read on a NC forum that your boots get soaked if it rains. I'm entirely used to scooters with good protection, so a 750X looks like a step too far for me. Maybe an Integra...?

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

Its not the upper body wind protection that worries me but the lower - your legs look pretty exposed - do you find that a problem? I've read on a NC forum that your boots get soaked if it rains. I'm entirely used to scooters with good protection, so a 750X looks like a step too far for me. Maybe an Integra...?

Yes I'm sure my legs and boots would get wet in the rain, but such is my OCD I would never intentionally ride the NC in the rain! I check the weather forecast religiously before I take it out, I also use it for a 40 mile round trip to work in the summer, but not if there's the slightest chance of rain! I get the car out!

I have the scooter to ride in poor weather when away on my camping trips, It is relatively quick to clean after using it on wet roads, and, as you say, has better weather protection anyway...

The 750X (mine's a manual) is a completely different ride to the scoot obviously and for me fulfills a different role. If you have the space & the budget to accomodate both they seem a popular choice....
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X