Burgman 650 now Discontinued.....

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Burgman 650 now Discontinued.....

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sylar wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:33 pm It seems most of the Maxi riders are realising 300/400 cc is all that is needed and looks like the big makers agree.
Yes & no.... The performance of some 300s & 400s can be surprisingly good. My former Bev 350 could keep up with the Tmax in a straight line. Never mind cruising at 50 or 60, I once found myself cruising at 85 on a dual carriageway on it (I was tired and wanted to get home!). However, when it comes to twisty bumpy bits - the sort of road I ride a lot on - then these sort of scoots tend to be not so good. The ride quality on most of the swinging -engine scoots I've ridden really goes to pieces on bad roads and handling becomes unpredictable - I likened going round corners in the wet on the Bev350 as being like playing Russian Roulette! There again, the Burger 650 wasn't that much better away from smooth main roads!
This is why the Tmax or similar works for me personally - the quality chassis& suspension makes riding so much more fun.

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Re: Burgman 650 now Discontinued.....

Post by SkuTorr »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:27 am
Sylar wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:33 pm It seems most of the Maxi riders are realising 300/400 cc is all that is needed and looks like the big makers agree.
There again, the Burger 650 wasn't that much better away from smooth main roads!
This is why the Tmax or similar works for me personally - the quality chassis& suspension makes riding so much more fun.
The Big Burger still had two old-style vertical shocks in the back. Upgrading my brother's to HAGONs helped, but its essentially lipstick on a pig... :lol:
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)