XMAX 300 query

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

XMAX 300 query

Post by capitano »

This is a genuine query, so don't be alarmed, even though it sounds strange.

If any of you XMax 300 owners take 33 inch inside leg trousers, could you, please:-

1. Sit on your scooter as though riding it ie both feet up and as far forward as feasible.

2. Stick your hand under your crotch ( I did say strange didn't I?) and see if there is an air gap

Basically, what I'm looking for is whether the riding position, particularly the seat, force you to sit on your perineum, or wheher you sit on your "sit bones."

I have tried looking at cycle-ergo but can't determine it from the illustrations.

I would check myself personally, but I'm not headed anywhere near my Yamaha dealer any time soon.

Thanks 8-)

Deleted User 7077

Re: XMAX 300 query

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Won't this depend on your build as well fat ass or boney ass .

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Only 30" legs, sorry!
All I can contribute is that the seat is soft and comfortable for me, with the proviso that it's a good thing to resist leaning back against that concrete 'bum stop'; and that having the handlebars in the forward position helps with that and the general feel of the bike.
Good luck!
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:20 am Won't this depend on your build as well fat ass or boney ass .
Not so much. It's more about whether leg length lifts my perineum off the seat.

After last year's prostate surgery it's an essential requirement.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

I got chance today to ride into the City and sit on an X-Max 300.

Good, but no magic bullet, sadly. 8-)

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

I dont think you well get any unless you get a seat custom trimmed, my vanvan was painfull and that has an armchair as standard, think the only way is add foam where your sitbones are and leave a gap for coccyx to sit in or get a taller bike so weight can be taken on the legs i have found an nc750x to be very comfy but yet to ride one anywhere, my forza 300 2013 model is excrutiating in less than 100 miles so tend to lock my legs and sit on the buttstop which alleviates it but impractical other than for short bursts.
Dezzie

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

bikerdezzie wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:39 am I dont think you well get any unless you get a seat custom trimmed, my vanvan was painfull and that has an armchair as standard, think the only way is add foam where your sitbones are and leave a gap for coccyx to sit in or get a taller bike so weight can be taken on the legs i have found an nc750x to be very comfy but yet to ride one anywhere, my forza 300 2013 model is excrutiating in less than 100 miles so tend to lock my legs and sit on the buttstop which alleviates it but impractical other than for short bursts.
That's exactly what I've done with the two bikes I currently run. I took the seats apart, and made up memory foam inserts with cut in gaps to relieve perineum pressure. It's not a perfect solution but an acceptable compromise.

From extensive sit-testing in showrooms since December, there are scooters that are suitable for my needs off-the-peg ... but none are suitable for what I want to do. :lol:

If I have to get something modified, I may as well stick with what I've got. I was hoping that an XMax 300 would fit the bill, particularly given all the positive praise for them on here. 8-)

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

I had a xmax 300 loved the engine....but sold it very shortly after due to the seating and not true feet forward.....

Best way to say is....go sit on a burgman 400 old or new shape then try an xmax 300 or xmax 400....youll soon notice the difference

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Also..the burg 400 sest is all day comfy riding....especially compared to my nc750x!

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

It also has a bump in the seat that presses into the perineum area. The Burgman 400 is sadly on my "not even close," list along with the J300 and Kymco Downtown 300.

Shame as all 3 are great scooters.

The Burgman 200 is on the magic bullet list for riding position, but doesn't meet my other criterion of being 250cc to 400cc 8-)