Finally!!!!!!!!!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
philboulter
Current Ride: NT1100

Re: Finally!!!!!!!!!

Post by philboulter »

Have a good look at the sale of goods act - it still applies - and you are certainly allowed more than you were given. You cold also always write to the BBC - they love this sort of thing.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Drago wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:52 pm Blimey that's bad - thought being left waiting for 5 weeks for a part by motogb/SYM was bad. But from Yamaha?! I thought the Japanese would be better than this!
They may well be - Yamaha UK have been pretty unhelpful and the UK dealer pretty lax (though I guess dealings with Yamaha Japan might have held things up). I've been told I should e-mail Yamaha Japan and complain as they take complaints of customer (dis)satisfaction rather more seriously than Yamaha UK seem to.

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

Data wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:35 am Us bikers need to toughen up sometimes when we get treated like second class citizens. Not criticizing you Grumpy...just the way the m/c industry often treats it's customers. It's like they live in the past. :(
Imagine if you couldn't test drive a car before you purchased it...but that's the normal course of affairs with motorcycles, etc. NO respect... :cry:
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Yes I`ve left a lot of bikes over the last few years as the dealers said no test rides.

So you pay the price and sign the forms, go up the road and find a fault/s they did`nt even spot ( possibly !!! ) what do you do.

Suffer a lot of grief I imagine.

MR G has been treated very badly.

Yamaha have been pants basically.

My son and I bought a lovely 50cc scooter for him from a delaer that were fantastic, but he had a friend bought one that was held together with bits of tape etc, really, from another dealer you found when you needed to access things.

It, of course did`nt last long.