The Sym bargains just keep on coming

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Re: The Sym bargains just keep on coming

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Wimps. :lol: :lol: :lol:

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Whatsisname wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:57 am The Tour de France just cancelled today's stage in the middle of the heatwave because a freak hailstorm covered the road with ice just before the sweating riders arrived at the downhill bit!
Followed by a mud slide, 20m wide and 0.5m deep across the road.

Even the Yamaha Nikens would have struggled for grip through that! :lol:

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I've just done the 15000km service on my Cruisym 300. I watched the video on you tube ( of the sym mechanic doing the service) that someone kindly supplied. Compared to my Silverwing 600 it was fairly straight forward, but for having to remove the clutch to get the belt off. I have had the SYM just over a year now and must admit I prefer it to the Silverwing. The new belt was priced at £144, now I have the size I will be asking Gates for the next one.

Deleted User 7077

I'd got mine booked on ferry to Spain in October but wife decided she's coming now so just changed it today to her Panda .I'd been prepping it got plate on the rack I brought ready for topbox and gps holder on plus USB/voltmeter .Will see me out I think

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

Hi Meldrew, never been interested in football, Rugby, Cricket or anything else other than riding. I don't go on the Silver wing website any more, Gooner kev irritated me too much. Yes, the Cruisym ticks all the boxes now still got the Silver wing may sell it soon. How is fuel economy on the Forza? I'm getting 96 mpg on the Sym.

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Sylar wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:19 pm I've just done the 15000km service on my Cruisym 300. I watched the video on you tube ( of the sym mechanic doing the service) that someone kindly supplied. Compared to my Silverwing 600 it was fairly straight forward, but for having to remove the clutch to get the belt off. I have had the SYM just over a year now and must admit I prefer it to the Silverwing. The new belt was priced at £144, now I have the size I will be asking Gates for the next one.
Hi Sylar, Glad to hear that you are enjoying the Cruisym and from what I have read and viewed on you tube, they look easy to self service. I still have my Maxsym 600i which, whilst I am still able to manage it, I am going to keep for a little while longer. Mileage is 20000 kilometres and whilst I have checked the condition of the belt, which seems fine, I want to change it, for peace of mind. I have the specification for it and was curious as to who Gates are?
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Deleted User 7077

Gates make allsorts of belts for Automotive industry .

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

Gates are the largest producers of drive belts in Europe, not only for bikes but for cars and heavy industry. I have been using them on my Silver wing for the nine years I have had Silver wings done about five belt chages, they are usually better priced than the dealers org belts. I agree Meldrew about checking mpg but, I guess it is just a way of knowing everything is running okay.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

slightly off topic , are SYM parts difficult to obtain or did I read somewhere (that I can no longer find) that Julian found a good parts supplier????
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

basil 69
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxisym 600i

Post by basil 69 »

horobags wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:51 am slightly off topic , are SYM parts difficult to obtain or did I read somewhere (that I can no longer find) that Julian found a good parts supplier????
Hi Mark I've been waiting for panels since I came off at end of Feb for my scoot. Still waiting for one piece that was supposed to be in stock, but been told today it will be 3 weeks, it has to come from China. My dealer was not a happy chappy when he phoned me this morning as it was supposed to go in on Saturday to be made good as new again. :(
Ray