X adv 150 spotted!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Re: X adv 150 spotted!

Post by Aaron »

It says "Honda Astra" on the YouTube video

Honda Astra is Honda Indonesia. So I looked the Indonesia website and I found this https://www.astra-honda.com/product/adv-150

In Indonesia, pretty much everyone has a scooter for transportation. Because the market for scooters is so big, the companies often try too make "their" scooter different than others. Last couple of times I've been to Indonesia, the Yamaha Nmax was very popular. It's because it looked "premium" compared to the standard basic looking hondas, yamahas and Suzuki scooters.

So looks like Honda is trying to have their own distinctive looking scooter model. And this one sure does look different.

Might be an Asia only model.

Aaron

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Aaron wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:52 am It says "Honda Astra" on the YouTube video

Honda Astra is Honda Indonesia.
Might be an Asia only model.
I thought it was probably being shown in the Far East. Could be Asia only, but as it appears to be effectively a restyled Forza, it seems entirely possible that it could be come to Europe in 125 format, if Honda Europe thought there was a demand for it. Presumably a 300 model would be possible as well, which would be more in line with the European market.

Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Post by Aaron »

I looked at the Honda Indonesia website to see if they sell the Forza alongside of the new XADV 150, and they do. But it says their Forza is 250cc https://www.astra-honda.com/product/forza

Maybe their Forza is a sleeved down cylinder of the 300 (even thought the Forza 300 is actually 279cc). It does say in its specs that theirs is 249.1cc

I looked at the bore and stroke of the cylinder and the bore is smaller, so they have the Forza 300 with a narrower bore. Id say its to do with keeping the engine under 250cc. As soon as an engine goes over 250cc in Indonesia, the government adds a great deal of taxes. Becomes very expensive.

This got me thinking, about the Yamaha Xmax in Bali, Indonesia. (as I saw some there last year) So I looked at the Yamaha Indonesia website, and its also been changed from a 300 to a 250cc https://www.yamaha-motor.co.id/product/xmax/

Bit off topic, but here are some interesting facts with scooter/motorbikes in Bali, Indonesia. Bali is a very close neighbour to us Aussies.

The basic Honda/Yamaha 125cc scooters cost about $2000 AUD in Bali. Over here in Australia the same scoot costs about $2800 AUD

But as soon as you go large in engine size, the price in Bali skyrockets.

In Bali the Mk6 Tmax costs $32,000 AUD, in Australia it costs $15,000 AUD

In Bali the Yamaha R1M road bike costs $83,000 AUD, in Australia it costs around $30,000 AUD

Aaron

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

On the supposedly different engine capacity of the same bike, when Peugeot sold their 150cc bikes in the UK and most other places the capacity was quoted as 149.9. That was because those countries levied a higher tax on 150 and above.

But mysteriously, where in Italy you could only use an autostrada if your engine was over 150, the same scooters had 150.1cc.

Now I'm not saying that Honda is doing the same, but it does look like it to me!
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should