OT - new Deauville?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

OT - new Deauville?

Post by MrGrumpy »

Possibly should be on the Motorcycle section of this forum, but might be of interest. According to rumours, Honda are producing a new Deauville next year -
https://www.morebikes.co.uk/60180/hot-r ... n-its-way/

Engine from Africa Twin,shaft drive, DCT only, panniers that can take a Full Face lid. All sounds great until you get to the £13,500 price tag! STILL can't understand why they don't produce a touring version of the NC750 - just add a decent fairing to the NC750X and you get a decent light tourer / commuter with good economy, luggage space etc, and cheaper than £13500!

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Re: OT - new Deauville?

Post by Stibbs »

:o :o :o
£13k +?????
Someone in japan land is having a serious laugh if they think anyone will pay that :lol:
I’ve had two Deauvilles, both the 650 & 700. Excellent bikes.
Bulletproof, easy to service and will take you round the world and back.
Now I know the Africa Twin is a great bike with a cracking engine but putting that in a Deauville and charging that money?
It just won’t work.... :shock: :shock:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

I guess they are trying to replace both the Deauville and Pan European with 1 bike that sits between both.

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

Honda has gone bonkers lately with their car designs. It's a shame they are losing it on the bike front too. I love my NC750X and the DCT is a wonder, but £13500 is taking the piss for the deauville model. If they name it the new Pan Euro and use quality parts that fits the role, it would work as a big sports tourer, but Deauville was the king of the underdog with cheap and cheerful rock solid build. The decision on using DCT and large panniers are a plus, all they need is to market it as something on par with the Pan Euro and build a lighter version called Baby Pan or smth that would appeal the commuters that would use it daily.

I like the shape a lot, but for this price, I would choose the FJR over it. FJR has the auto version too!
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

1. It's a rumour of a DCT Africa Twin engined bike with shaft drive.

2. The shape is a mock up by Motostation of what they think it might look like (and they are often completely off the mark :lol: )

3. It's not a Deauville

8-)

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

it'll probly look more like a goldwing after a trip to slimming world ..
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

:| Interesting Mr G, but Honda already have their Crossrunner and Crosstourer V4s eh; why would they compete with these and the flat 6 with an inline 4?

Nah, they'll use the NC 750 mill for a softer tourer or not make this machine at all - it's just media-hype, 'stoking the fires' and keeping themselves in a job!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Capt. R Swipe wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:56 am :| Interesting Mr G, but Honda already have their Crossrunner and Crosstourer V4s eh; why would they compete with these and the flat 6 with an inline 4?

Nah, they'll use the NC 750 mill for a softer tourer or not make this machine at all - it's just media-hype, 'stoking the fires' and keeping themselves in a job!
Interesting point about the Crossrunner V4s - perhaps the V4 VTEC engine is coming to end of its life? It must be a relatively expensive thing to build. I've never been quite sure what role those bikes had in the Honda line up anyway.

I quite agree that Honda ought to use the NC750 engine for a smaller tourer - I've been saying this since the NC range came out 5+ years ago - but there's been no sign that they have any intention of doing so! All they need to do is put a decent fairing on the 750X and the job would be sorted!