T-Max Underseat Bag

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

T-Max Underseat Bag

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Hi Folks,

I've got a new 2017 T-Max DX that I'm going to be taking touring. A Yamaha top-box with the matching removable bag is on order, which is my preferred way of packing motorcycle luggage - pack the soft bag in the house/hotel, then drop it into the top-box outside.

I'd like to do the same thing with the under-seat storage, as that's where I'll be storing the heavier items, but I can't seem to find anywhere that makes a fitted bag for that space. What do other people use to pack their scoots?

Nick

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: T-Max Underseat Bag

Post by SH125Paul »

I use 'Boot Bags' from Sports Direct... £4... Fraction of the cost of a Top Box Bag...
https://www.sportsdirect.com/slazenger-shoe-bag-702184
https://www.sportsdirect.com/vx-3-boot- ... e=71044644
https://www.sportsdirect.com/vx-3-boot- ... e=71044341
Ideal fit in the underseat helmet spaces - H: 35cm, W: 23cm, D: 12cm - might fit 2 per lid space if not overly stuffed...
One has my waterproofs in and is under the SH's Seat...
2 - 3 if not overly stuffed - will easy fit in the Top Box of the SH...
Easy take a wash bag, pants socks and T Shirt etc...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I use a decent size holdall - bigger than the ones that you can take on aircraft. I find that fits into the underseat space on all Tmaxs quite nicely.

Or use a large sized plastic carrier bag! All it has to do is hold things in between house/hotel & scoot, and a plastic bag takes up no space!

You are right to pack the heavier items under the seat - putting them in the topbox can make the scoot more difficult to ride.

EvilRacer329

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Thanks guys, those are both good tips! Does anyone know what the official volume of the current-gen T-Maxes is? Bags are normally sold on volume in litres, so it would help to pick one that will fit well...

Nick

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

EvilRacer329 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:28 am Thanks guys, those are both good tips! Does anyone know what the official volume of the current-gen T-Maxes is? Bags are normally sold on volume in litres, so it would help to pick one that will fit well...
No idea! I've a brochure for the mk1 Tmax which says the space is 32 ltrs, which probably doesn't help. The new Tmax looks like its got a much bigger space - certainly longer - but it doesn't actually seem to take much more stuff.
I guess rather than capacity, the dimensions of the bag are more important, though working out the available height of the luggage space is tricky as it varies and (probably) extends slightly above the bodywork under the pillion seat. The bag I use is 40cm X 30cm X 15cm (approx - its a soft bag) and that goes in comfortably (could in theory fit something longer in).

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

I use those reusable large supermarket bags. Pile every thing in and crush under the seat. You can store loads.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

I have the Tmax tunnel bag,18 ltr,,i have the Givi 40 ltr dry bag i lash to the seat,but i am thinking of treating myself to a Givi rack and top box,will go for the 47 ltr box,which is ample,had the 56 ltr on the Burgman,far to big and clumsy looking,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stephen wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:52 pm I have the Tmax tunnel bag,18 ltr,,i have the Givi 40 ltr dry bag i lash to the seat,but i am thinking of treating myself to a Givi rack and top box,will go for the 47 ltr box,which is ample,had the 56 ltr on the Burgman,far to big and clumsy looking,
There is no such thing as a luggage space that's too big!!! :lol:

EvilRacer329

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Stephen wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:52 pm I have the Tmax tunnel bag,18 ltr,,i have the Givi 40 ltr dry bag i lash to the seat,but i am thinking of treating myself to a Givi rack and top box,will go for the 47 ltr box,which is ample,had the 56 ltr on the Burgman,far to big and clumsy looking,

Steve
I've looked at those bags - how do they attach? Are they easy to peel away and take with you when you leave the bike? How secure are they over bumpy roads? I'm thinking it might be a good way to carry stuff like wallets and keys and so on while on tour...

Nick

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

EvilRacer329 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:39 pm

I've looked at those bags - how do they attach? Are they easy to peel away and take with you when you leave the bike? How secure are they over bumpy roads? I'm thinking it might be a good way to carry stuff like wallets and keys and so on while on tour...
I take it you are referring to the Tunnel Bag? I have one, but have never actually used it. Its a funny thing - there doesn't seem to be any way of actually attaching it to the bike - unless I'm being even more stupid than usual. it has various fabric loops including one that transform it into an uncomfortable rucksack. It basically sits there, though you can put one of the loops round the fuel filler flap. It won't go far on bumpy roads as your knees will keep it there. Its obviously a funny shape for stuff, and the Tmax becomes leg-over rather step-thru when getting on or off.