T-Max Underseat Bag

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: T-Max Underseat Bag

Post by SH125Paul »

The Yam tunnelbag i have has a short strap, that goes under the seat hinge... the connection loops on the bag push back in to the bag...

orange1290
Current Ride: XMAX 300

Post by orange1290 »

I have the Yamaha tunnel bag for my Xmax 300. Use it all the time on longer trips. It has a strap that goes under the seat that then uses 2 clips for the bag itself. Takes a few seconds to clip/unclip. Nice piece of equipment and very useful. It's basically a tank bag for a maxi scooter.
2017 XMAX 300
2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure T
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Interesting; on the newer T-Maxes the seat hinges from the rear of the bike, so that wouldn't work. The press shots make it look like it's just supposed to perch there, but I worry that on a bumpy or twisty road it would quickly make a break for freedom.

I tried to step through the T-Max when I first got it and just ended up scratching plastic. Now I get on and off like on my other bikes. It's a bloody big bike!

Nick

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

EvilRacer329 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:46 am Interesting; on the newer T-Maxes the seat hinges from the rear of the bike, so that wouldn't work. The press shots make it look like it's just supposed to perch there, but I worry that on a bumpy or twisty road it would quickly make a break for freedom.

I tried to step through the T-Max when I first got it and just ended up scratching plastic. Now I get on and off like on my other bikes. It's a bloody big bike!
I insist on stepping through....though its far too easy to leave marks! The tunnel is higher on the mk6 than on previous ones....I guess I'll have to learn to get my leg-over (ooh-er...) - which I've never done as I've always had scooters.

Curiously (though irrelevant to this conversation), the same tunnel bag seems to fit all models of Tmax. I have a vacant moment, so I'll have a play with the bag on the mk6 to see how it can be made securer.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Just had a play with the Tunnel bag - it actually works better than I remember- esp on the mk6. The whole thing is a reasonably snug fit between the tunnel and the dashboard anyway, And since the fuel flap on the mk6 locks down, this makes the bag more secure if you put the relevant fabric loop under the fuel flap.
The flap locks down as normal with the bag loop there and of course can't be opened without the button being pressed, so I can't see it going anywhere on a bumpy road. And of course it is between your knees, so it can't escape sideways.

orange1290

Post by orange1290 »

It fits tightly between seat and console on my Xmax 300. Did an 800km weekend earlier this year and even though I used the strap, I didn't need to. Also at €45 it was a great buy, good quality and perfect fit.
2017 XMAX 300
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

EvilRacer329

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Alright, the tunnel bag is starting to sound like a sound investment! the Mk6 T-Max only has one glovebox, and it's pretty difficult to reach into while wearing gloves. The french throw the book at you if you can't produce your high-vis bib without leaving the driver's seat, and with sunglasses, wallets and autoroute passes...

Anyone got any photos they can share?

Nick

orange1290

Post by orange1290 »

EvilRacer329 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:56 am The french throw the book at you if you can't produce your high-vis bib without leaving the driver's seat

Nick
That's only for car drivers. For 2 wheelers you can get off and get the hi-vis from under the seat or one of the panniers/top boxes/bags.
2017 XMAX 300
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

fullcirclemax
Current Ride: Integra

Post by fullcirclemax »

When I had a long trip on my mk1, i substituted 2 bodywork screws that were somewhere roughly near my knees for something like a wood screw with a small ring on the end. This was perfect to bungee on a tote bag, the screws came from somewhere like b and q and were a secure fit. Obviously only any good if you have that option, certainly something I would do again.

EvilRacer329

Post by EvilRacer329 »

orange1290 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:31 am
EvilRacer329 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:56 am The french throw the book at you if you can't produce your high-vis bib without leaving the driver's seat

Nick
That's only for car drivers. For 2 wheelers you can get off and get the hi-vis from under the seat or one of the panniers/top boxes/bags.
Interesting; I could have sworn that there was a specific requirement to be able to put the bib on without getting off the bike, but I can't find a single source to back that up. This is great news, as it means I can bury the thing under the seat and forget about it! :D

Thanks!

Nick