T-Max Underseat Bag

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Re: T-Max Underseat Bag

Post by EvilRacer329 »

It is cyclical, it's true. I like to think that I've got this motorcycle travel thing pretty buttoned-down at this point though - anything that doesn't get used in previous trips gets dropped from the checklist for the next one, and vice versa... and it's all super-lightweight stuff that packs up real small.

Nick

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

The tunnel bag is good,i have all odds & ends in there,water bottle spare pair gloves ect,i have the iphone in a ram mount holder,run the cable from a power bank in the tunnel bag,was a bit worried about squashing the cable if i ran it out from the accessory plug in the glove box,the sat nav was hard wired in by the dealer at the pdi,pleased with the Givi top box and rack i have just put on.

Slightly off topic,my tool kit disappeared,so i have replaced it,whats supposed to be in the kit,it was discussed on here a while ago,but i failed to find it again.....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

EvilRacer329

Post by EvilRacer329 »

I'll upload a photo of my charging rig sometime - I installed the official Y-cable and USB charger behind the fairing above the headstock and ran the USB cable along the bars and out into the phone at the very end. Looks pretty neat, is weatherproof and is ignition-switched.

As for the toolkit - a couple of alan keys, a spark plug spanner, C-spanner and a combination phillips/flat-blade screwdriver. Very lean!

Nick

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Glad I purchased the top box for my TMax as I have just booked up to do a Scotland trip next year and Max must be the favourite machine out of my two to take,with the 47 litre top box,18 litre tunnel bag,under seat storage and either a 15 litre or even 40 litre dry bag to strap to the seat,must be ample space for our 5 night stay,it’s a long old slog to our first night in Annan just past Gretna,about 285 miles from my gaff,we had a great time when we last went,really great weather which always helps.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Have to check out strapping bags to the seat - annoyingly the seat is hinged at the rear (unless you've got a mk1 or 2 Tmax), so any bag strapped to the pillion seat fouls the topbox when you open the seat! Either you need a squashy or small bag, or take the topbox off every time you want to open the seat!

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

Or you can do panniers and a seat-mounted tail bag:

2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Sea to summit event series make good lightweight combination dry/compression bags to 10,000mm hydrostatic head, we use one on topbox rack for our sleeping bags, you could use one each side secured to the grab handles if you don't want panniers or anything on the seat, they come in various sizes, maybe an option?

EvilRacer329

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Those panniers look interesting, where'd you get them? I just returned from a two-up, two week trip where I had the underseat storage and my pillion had the smaller 39l top box (the big one is on back-order according to Yamaha) and the tunnel-bag took care of day-to-day bits and pieces. It was a bit of a squeeze, but it worked!

Nick