TMax DX on Dyno ?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: TMax DX on Dyno ?

Post by MrGrumpy »

Tmaximus wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:08 pm Unlike an Aprilia, KTM or other sports bike the TMax TC is pretty basic and cuts the engine, not the seamless "electronic nanny" you get on sports bikes
I thought that this version of the Tmax had the full range of electronic gizmos along with its computerised throttle & engine management. I'm sure there was an article on the Yamaha website extolling how wonderful their new TC system compared to the crap basic ones on other scoots! No idea if I can find it, but I'll have a look.

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

TMaximus, mind if I ask how much all those bits cost in the end? I'd not intended to modify the powertrain on my T-Max, but your graphs are intriguing...!

Nick

Tmaximus
Current Ride: TMax BMW R1200GS Aprilia RSV4

Post by Tmaximus »

Hi Guys

Been away for a few days hence late reply. I have not seen the Yamaha promotional material singing the praises of their electronics, its mostly all stuff you dont need ( or I dont need ) but I suppose lets Yamaha bang their own drum about all the "features". When traction control first came out I remember riding a new BMW GS and the system felt like the plug leads were being pulled off, just terrible. The latest sports bikes are in another league all together, on track at high speed and big lean you might notice the orange light flashing on the dash, but other than that you are completely unaware that the electronic nanny is sorting out your drive for you, drive is not noticeably interrupted. The TMax cuts the drive completely and is a basic system.

In terms of cost I was £1400 for parts - Full SC Projects exhaust & module, Mallossi variator & weights, Polini belt, and hi flow air filter ( this filter not fitted yet ) labour and dyno runs cost a further £500. Its a lot of money, but the standard exhaust can was hideous and I wanted to change it so the ''project`' just grew "arms & legs" a bit, but I am more than happy with the results.

Back in Glasgow last week, my friend Wullie that owns his own bike tuning company rode my TMax and was amazed at the difference, he also experienced wheel spin / slip where the traction control stopped the fun !

Cheers

Dougie

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I can't now find the web page about the Tmax's TCS - Yamaha seem to have reorganised their site and its vanished, or I can't find it!
I've never noticed the Tmax TCS working, the only time I thought it ought to was when I was giving it a fair amount of throttle on a sharp uphill bend in the rain, and the rear stepped out slightly.
I often noticed the Bev's TC cutting in - a very noticeably power cut - it was probably being rather over active as it would sometimes cut in over bumps etc!