Honda Helix for sale

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
stephencd1
Current Ride: wanting a CN250

Re: Honda Helix for sale

Post by stephencd1 »

Jimo wrote:What’s the betting that this Helix has got cracked instrument optics, missing buttons or other small faults, few things of such age are perfect?

But I still like mine.......
Jim
Sounds like my Honda Jetski Image

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I bet Bob would buy that back now got new tyres on lol .

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

orange1290 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:47 pmBought for €1000 each and now worth at least €9,000 each and rising, that's why :mrgreen:
Good for you, selling such an un-rideable shitheap for that sort of money is good work, because - as everyone knows - those ugly, rattling, smelly things aren't classics, they're just old. A lot of people misunderstand that distinction, and - happily for you - the classic market is replete with the sort of idiot prepared to spunk huge quantities of money on a motorcycle as useless as the H1.

The Helix is the first of its kind, and as such a design classic. Whether its monetary value ever rises significantly in recognition of that is something I don't worry about. Unlike the H1 it remains a useful, practical and rideable proposition in the modern day.

orange1290
Current Ride: XMAX 300

Post by orange1290 »

Jaz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:09 pm
orange1290 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:47 pmBought for €1000 each and now worth at least €9,000 each and rising, that's why :mrgreen:
Good for you, selling such an un-rideable shitheap for that sort of money is good work, because - as everyone knows - those ugly, rattling, smelly things aren't classics, they're just old. A lot of people misunderstand that distinction, and - happily for you - the classic market is replete with the sort of idiot prepared to spunk huge quantities of money on a motorcycle as useless as the H1.

The Helix is the first of its kind, and as such a design classic. Whether its monetary value ever rises significantly in recognition of that is something I don't worry about. Unlike the H1 it remains a useful, practical and rideable proposition in the modern day.
Wow, you clearly are very clueless and obviously jealous about what someone else owns. 'Happily' for me, I do own them. :lol:
2017 XMAX 300
2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure T
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Jaz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:09 pm

Nobody ever explained the meaning of, "diff'rent strokes f'r diff'rent folks," did they Jaz? :lol:

Wind it in a bit. Just because someone likes different things to you, and has the money to indulge doesn't mean they are wrong. ;)

Deleted User 4154

orange1290 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:59 pm Wow, you clearly are very clueless and obviously jealous about what someone else owns. 'Happily' for me, I do own them. :lol:
Nope, I'm just old enough to remember what a POS the H1 and its relatives were. I certainly don't envy you ownership of such appalling motorcycles.

Do have fun trailering them to shows, though, won't you?

Deleted User 4154

capitano wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:23 am Nobody ever explained the meaning of, "diff'rent strokes f'r diff'rent folks," did they Jaz? :lol:
Come on Ged, can you not see the irony of someone with the poor judgement and rank bad taste to own not one but two H1s criticizing any other motorcycle, never mind the Helix?

How seriously can you take the opinion of anyone who thinks a useless contraption like the H1 is a classic? It's one of the worst motorcycles ever designed and committed to production. Even during its production run it was ridiculed and regarded as a design blind alley. That people mistakenly equate age with classic status and pay ridiculous sums for these piles of shite only speaks for the gullibility of certain individuals. But then as the old saying goes - you can't educate pork, can you?

orange1290
Current Ride: XMAX 300

Post by orange1290 »

I love my useless contraptions, worth nearly €20,000, luverly :-) Always attract a crowd when riding and plenty of offers to buy. Must be the same with a helix I imagine :-)))))))
2017 XMAX 300
2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure T
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Can you post some photos of them I'd like to save them in my wank bank . :lol: :lol: :lol:

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Jaz wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 pm Ged, can you not see the irony of someone with the poor judgement and rank bad taste to own not one but two H1s criticizing any other motorcycle, never mind the Helix?
Only to well ,Jaz, mate, only too well.

During my years of employment one of the words I inhabited was that of writing instrument manufacturing. This brought to my attention the world of the pen collector, and pen collectors' forums.

Seriously these guys would think nothing of spending more than I've ever spent on a car (and more than I'd have bought a house for when I was first legal able to) on an incontinent, decrepit old pen.

On the same forums they'd have a chit-chat section where the self same people would decry "idiots," who bought VW camper vans, "because they weren't even that good when they were new."

Even when the irony was reflected back at them, they couldn't see it. And it's like that i a lot of things, folks mock what they don't understand.

We're all different. Some folks like different stuff, but sometimes our reasons to hate on other things are simply due to a lack of perspective.

Leading nicely onto ...
Jaz wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 pm How seriously can you take the opinion of anyone who thinks a useless contraption like the H1 is a classic? It's one of the worst motorcycles ever designed and committed to production. Even during its production run it was ridiculed and regarded as a design blind alley. That people mistakenly equate age with classic status and pay ridiculous sums for these piles of shite only speaks for the gullibility of certain individuals. But then as the old saying goes - you can't educate pork, can you?
Maybe I'm a tad older than you, Jaz, but my opinions on the H1 are completely different. Folks were still riding them when started to ride. I rode a few myself, and H2s but never owned one. One of the main reasons was not being able to afford the fuel on an apprentice's wages.

Folks owning H1s now aren't buying an H1, they are buying the feeling that owning/riding an H1 gives them. Their job isn't to be a mode of transport, it's to make their owners happy. A Helix makes you happy for different reasons and it's not my place to speculate on what those reasons are, but I respect those reasons.

The biggest test in this acceptance came to me when I was asked to judge a class at a local transport fair, being a prominent local business and a known motorcyclist. The clear, head-and-shoulders-above-everything-else winner was a pristine example of a bike I'd owned in my youth. It was pants, absolute rubbish, and for once that was the fault of the bike, not me.

But, the guy had invested a shedload of his own time and his money in restoring a bike he remembered differently. It was stunning, but did I award it its rightful prize?

Of course I did. 8-)