The end of the road

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400
Great Britain
Re: The end of the road

Post by Dogsbody » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:51 pm

Triumph had this addressed in the 60s. The Triumph Tina had a microswitch under the seat, opening the throttle without sitting on it had no effect, it just ticked over. Surprised it isn't a requirement in these Health and Safety days. Dogsbody

Meldrew
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2018 Honda Forza 300 A
Great Britain

Post by Meldrew » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:45 pm

I remember an uncle of mine buying a white Triumph Tina in the early Sixties, and he got rid of it within days because of problems with that weight activated underseat safety switch. Starting it was a nightmare, he'd try and get it going for ages, then all of a sudden it would start and lurch forward, nearly throwing him off and almost demolishing the back garden gate.

Even my dad who had Villiers engined New Hudson auto cycles back then and was forever tinkering with them, couldn't get the Tina to start as it should.

basil 69
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxisym 600i
Great Britain

Post by basil 69 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi Rich
Sorry to here about your shoulder injury and that you have decided to give up two wheels as a means of transport, but I understand your reasoning and at the end of the day your health has to come first. However this doesn't mean you still can't come to meets at the Raven when we have them if you have four wheels instead of two for transport. Hope you get better soon.
Ray

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i
England

Post by Maxsymuppet » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Thanks Ray, and to all who wish me well with my plight and my decision.

Even though I will have four wheels rather than two I will check out this site every so often, and if there is a meeting at the Raven or anywhere else local I will come along to see you all.

Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Mk4
Australia

Post by Aaron » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:49 pm

That's a shame to end your scooter ownership.

My first thought after reading your post, was to just get a lighter one.

The difference between pushing my wife's "Suzuki Burgman 200" and my "Tmax" around, is like day and night. When I wash our scooters, my Tmax is heavy to move around the back yard, but the Burgman 200 is really really easy to manage.

Ill be in Bali for a holiday in a couple of weeks time. There I will rent a Honda 125cc step though scoot. They are fun. They are superlight, and still quite fast. I enjoy riding them when I go over there.

Aaron

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing
Great Britain

Post by Alanzzg » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:46 am

basil 69 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:42 pm
Hi Rich
Sorry to here about your shoulder injury and that you have decided to give up two wheels as a means of transport, but I understand your reasoning and at the end of the day your health has to come first. However this doesn't mean you still can't come to meets at the Raven when we have them if you have four wheels instead of two for transport. Hope you get better soon.
Ray
Hi Rich. The same from me .
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

Has been maxi tours
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym Citycom 300
EU Flag

Post by Has been maxi tours » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:03 am

So that's sorted are you listing the Maxsym on here for sale at special Muppet only price ;) ;)

Its better to be a "Has been " than a "Never Was "

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS300ie abs asr
Location: Starfleet Command, Engineering, Southern UK - I think! Well, we just beam in to a co-ordinance!
Great Britain

Post by Data » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:24 am

Sorry to hear of this Maxsymuppet. I think many of us sympathise with your plight. Good luck for the future...and remember, have fun however you can!

Maxsymuppet
England

Post by Maxsymuppet » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Has been maxi tours wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:03 am
So that's sorted are you listing the Maxsym on here for sale at special Muppet only price ;) ;)
It will be for sale but not yet. Once I have got myself a car. But I am selling my Givi panniers. If anyone is interested see the for sale section.

Maxsymuppet
England

Post by Maxsymuppet » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:18 pm

Data wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:24 am
Sorry to hear of this Maxsymuppet. I think many of us sympathise with your plight. Good luck for the future...and remember, have fun however you can!
Thanks Data and to all. No doubt I will be seeing some of you at the Raven or anywhere else local.