belts (again).

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Re: belts (again).

Post by Ralph »

Strangely I bought exactly the same tool, it's done 3 Burgman belts and 2 Morini alternators.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

It looks stronger than I thought it would be .

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

:lol: you'll have sold it by time postman gets the new parts to your door. I'd just inspect it
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Deleted User 7077

Just watched a Greek guy doing a belt service on maxsym 600 .He did the old bend it look for cracks and sure enough there was some .Was also signs belt was hitting outer case but he had got Dr pulley sliders in it which can push belt a bit too high on the pulley .Interestingly to me any way he drilled holes in the corner of clutch bell at various points presume was to let dust out more easily. I'd say they have a harder life in Greece especially in summer heat .Its all in Greek so not put link .

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

A lot of clutch problems are caused by dust.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Wombat
Current Ride: X Max 300

Post by Wombat »

Are you talking about dust from gravel roads or internal dust from belts, clutches etc. I ride dirt drive ways every other day. Do I need to clean filters etc more often than normal? In my case an Xmax 300 in dry dusty Australia.

Deleted User 7077

dust from belt and clutch but yes keep belt case filter clean if cloggs get less cooling airflow through belt case .

fullcirclemax
Current Ride: Integra

Post by fullcirclemax »

Not sure if the location of the filter intakes on most scooters is perhaps in the dirtiest area. Have kept the washable belt filter on my sh300 washed regularly but the non washable engine intake filter is replacement only. I fitted a new one when l got the bike, it was the worst I had ever seen but didn’t check it for 2 years as I stupidly expected it to look like one from a bike with the intake somewhere near the headstock. That was 6 months ago and thought I would not leave it so long this time, bearing in mind my mileages are not high or dusty conditions in use. The filter wasn’t that bad but for 6 months and 1500 miles it was. Not going to fit new twice a year so will most likely get a k&n or something in the future, it is what it is and compared to some jobs is not a ball breaker but definitely not to be ignored. Don’t think the performance suffered but the fuel consumption did.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

thanks for that, just checked both filters, both were minging, Looks like its never been changed. :|
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Most of it seems to come from the beit and especially the clutch shoes.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif