GP57 TWY, anyone's old Tmax per chance?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

GP57 TWY, anyone's old Tmax per chance?

Post by Taipan »

Hi All,
Might be going back to scoots again. Not sure if I'm too tall for a Forza, so have also been looking for a mk2 Tmax that is ULEZ compliant (I found my MK3 to be too cramped compared to the Mk1/2?). Anyway, I saw one on eBay, but it was for sale last time I was looking which must be best part of a year ago? So just wondered if anyone knew this bike which is at Gildos Bikes in Wisbech?

eBay link. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-XP500 ... 1438.l2649

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: GP57 TWY, anyone's old Tmax per chance?

Post by MrGrumpy »

Well, the mk2 is roomier than the mk3. In fact all the other versions are roomier than the mk3! I think the snag for tall people on the mk3 is that the bars are lower than on other versions. Oddly, although I sometimes find the mk3's riding position a bit strange, I actually find it surprisingly comfortable on longer journeys - but I'm only average height.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:37 am it was for sale last time I was looking which must be best part of a year ago?
Yes, I remember seeing this one, on that same dealer's site over a year ago. 8-)

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:58 am Well, the mk2 is roomier than the mk3. In fact all the other versions are roomier than the mk3! I think the snag for tall people on the mk3 is that the bars are lower than on other versions. Oddly, although I sometimes find the mk3's riding position a bit strange, I actually find it surprisingly comfortable on longer journeys - but I'm only average height.
Yes I had to sell my Mk3 as the bars hit my knees on full lock. Shame as I loved the bike. I wanted a Forza but am told i'll suffer the same problem as the are cramped for taller riders.
capitano wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:34 am
Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:37 am it was for sale last time I was looking which must be best part of a year ago?
Yes, I remember seeing this one, on that same dealer's site over a year ago. 8-)
Thought it was, thanks for confirming. I'm wondering if its too dear or an absolute dog now! :D

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Taipan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:50 am Thought it was, thanks for confirming. I'm wondering if its too dear or an absolute dog now! :D
At the price/mileage, with 4 owners and with only the small photos on ebay to guide, I'm guessing that there is no incentive for anyone to travel specifically to see it.

I'd guess that a personal visit with cash would get a decent deal on it. Personally I'd have to be sure of paying less than £2k before I travelled to see it, but that's simply my personal opinion, not a assessment of the bike itself. 8-)

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Thanks for all the feedback. Decided against it in the end.