Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?

Post by Greyerbeard »

caecilius wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:02 am I've bought my ticket - just waiting for the weather forecasts during the week to decide on a day. Weekends are far too busy. I like to get there by opening time and leave around 2.30 so I can beat the dark and get home before the rush hour. Riding up from High Wycombe. I think I'll take a home-made sandwich this year; the queues can be long and the prices exorbitant.
Always my policy - take sarnies and coffee/water - come out of the halls at lunchtime (don't forget to get hand stamped!) and find somewhere peaceful to sit and eat and rest...then back in for Round Two!
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Hi guys those of you who ride to the NEC show, where do you leave all your bike gear Get changed into civvies?

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Historically I've stashed it in panniers & top boxes, but I think they also have a cloakroom. Weather permitting I'd wear kevlar jeans and would walk around in the boots, meaning there's only a jacket and helmet to lock up.

Nick

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Snail wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:57 am Hi guys those of you who ride to the NEC show, where do you leave all your bike gear Get changed into civvies?
Well helmet, gloves and jacket will go under an X-Max's seat - I take a thin windproof jacket and a flat 'at in case there's any outdoor walking.
I'm fairly sure there's always a charity (Christian Bikers? NABD?) running a cloakroom near the bike park exit, too.
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Snail wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:57 am Hi guys those of you who ride to the NEC show, where do you leave all your bike gear Get changed into civvies?
They have cloakrooms. £1 per item.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Just booked my ticket,will almost certainly be going Wednesday as thats my day off,the £1.50 admin fee is a rip off,considering you print the ticket off yourself,but as I haven’t been since 2004,i thought i’ll give it another visit,as it will be probably be another 15 years until i go again :D parking is free for bikes,sponsored by Monimoto,i already have their security gadget on my bikes,i will go to Tesco on the way and get the £3 meal deal,as i am sure they’ll have ones trouers down if you used the eating places in the show......gawd i am getting a grumpy old git :?

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

I'm going on the 23rd, parents driving up from south wales - bit of a family tradition, not missed a year since I started riding! I'll almost certainly be on the T-Max, stashing bits under the seat or in the top-box and wearing the rest. The traffic and parking charges mean I avoid driving the car if at all possible!

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Will be taking the Tmax to the show on Wednesday,should be in the bike parking area for 09.30,meeting another couple of mates in the car park,by the time we’ve packed the riding gear away and walked to the show halls,the doors should be open....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Remember your tickets get you half price entry to the National Motorcycle museum. Me and my dad are going to the museum tomorrow and the show on Monday.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

The new tmax will be there as is the new italjet dragster.
Dezzie