Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

bikerdezzie wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:02 pm I like the AK but the fact it has a battery booster under the seat puts me off as it seems to use a lot of battery but runs out of starting juice pretty quick, you find this out on foreign sites as less likely to know this in the UK i find that the daftest thing ever, why not just give it a system that copes everytime you start the bike, dont really tell you this in the reviews either but there is some good UK reviews now singing its praises.
C'mon guys, use your common sense................this thing is gonna scold you somewhere down the line and you know it. No dealership? Battery booster? Other unknowns? Media hype for sake of their own business and not our interests (look at all the hopeful 'wannabies' on their Youtube channels spouting shite for your 'click', MCN being one of the worst). R&D? A facimile of the Big Yam Tmax (not without its own problems mind). Don't be an 'early adopter'! :?: :?: :|

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Either that guy's particularly short, or the AK550 is one helluva tall scoot!

All these video reviews always go on about the equipment but they never seem to give you an impression of what its like to ride, or how it goes round corners.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:54 am Either that guy's particularly short, or the AK550 is one helluva tall scoot!
:D I hadn't noticed .

I couldn't be sure about the size of the AK550 - I didn't attend the NEC show - did I miss anything :roll:

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Yeah, you did. Kymco had just about every model they sell on their stand. Very good. ;) Battery boosters are not new either. Kymco has a long proven good record for design, build quality, and reliability and it's only getting better as far as can see.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Best ak550 videos are from channel called Travelmoto, he has one, does lots of touring and modding videos in English, he loves scooters in general and done loads of vids from bike shows like EICMA and others in Asia and Japan, worth a look even if its just for the scenery.
His other channel is called "Biketrips" that is more ak550 whereas the other is a mix.
Dezzie

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Good UK review.
Dezzie

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Data wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:45 am Then of course there's graphene batteries around the corner that will blow current battery technology out of the water!
Never even knew about graphene thanks Data for the data
https://www.graphene-info.com/

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Yeah, Graphene batteries are 25-30% lighter and have up to 45% more capacity compared to other similar sized batteries. They also charge up from flat in anywhere from 5 to 8 mins. This means very soon (2023 onwards) there will be cars with a useful range of 500-600 miles or more.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...