Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?

Post by Data »

Meldrew wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:18 am
Data wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:03 am Hoping to see quite a few of you there even if Meldrew isn't going. Shame, it would be nice to put a face to the "moans" lol. :lol:
You're going there on one day and the show is on for a week, no doubt anyone interested off here will attend on a date that is convenient to them, and if they work weekdays it's likely to be a weekend. So I’m quite intrigued about how you’d put a face to any of the forum names off on your single visit unless you'd already met them or prearranged a meeting place and time somewhere in the show.
Yes I have been speaking with a few member by email & pm. Should be meeting up with at least some members. Yes I do get the seniors entry price too. Never had a bad meal there and the price is cheaper quite often than one of my very good locals The Black Buoy. Example: yesterday burger, chips & salad, extremely good by the way, cost £12. At the NEC this costs £10...and almost as good.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Should of gone to the Horse and Groom mate... Much cheaper than the Buoy. (only at lunchtime though).
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Yes I wondered about that Chris. But my wife and I met up with one of our friends who is down from London with her family. Her Wivenhoe house is just around the corner from the Buoy and she had booked it, she knows everyone there. But the beer was good and the food was absolutely excellent. We'll Horse and Groom it next time then.

Should know more about a seat for Steve in a day or two. I've had difficult in contacting my friend who has been in Italy for the last 10 days but he's home now. He comes to the show each year normally. If he doesn't then Steve can have his seat. I'll be in touch Chris. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Meldrew wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:18 am So I’m quite intrigued about how you’d put a face to any of the forum names off on your single visit unless you'd already met them or prearranged a meeting place and time somewhere in the show.
If forum folks are also on Facebook it becomes quite easy, especially if they are prolific.

I've lost count of the number of times folks have asked me if I'm Capitano/Ged at bike shows/events. :lol:

I recognised Funkycowie from a description given by Loonymoon (Carmen, a previous Moderator on MM.) 8-)

I recognised Richie at Box Hill by his Derriboots. :lol:

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Nope has not changed for a while.
Funny some Facebook MM don't like forum's and some forum MM don't like Facebook.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Meldrew wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:03 am Ah!…the Facebook Maxi Muppets page, I know absolutely zilch about it apart from noticing the cover photo hasn't changed for years. :)
Facebook in general really. It's not difficult to piece together who is who once you know a few people. ie they know people with scooters/bikes who turn out to be forum members, and who in turn know others, etc etc.

Some people, including me, even have their forum handle in their FB name. Mine has been a moniker way before online forums so it helps folks who think they might know me from the past.

With others, recognition doesn't require any more clues than a surname like Horob**s and a "tell" like a passion for changing bikes regularly. :lol:

Shamefully I'm not even aware if I'm a member of the MM FB group. I'd better check, though like the C90club FB group I'd much rather be active on the forum than on the same topics on FB.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

muddyfox wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:59 am Image
Nope has not changed for a while.
Funny some Facebook MM don't like forum's and some forum MM don't like Facebook.
That photo is from 2008. I know because I was on that ride on my Mk1 Nexus 500.

It's the annual meet, which that year was held at Rutland Water. 8-)

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

I was on my Leonardo then. The days when we had big meets.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

HOC is offering discounted tickets, £3 off advance price (£16.50), limited numbers.

https://www.hoc.org.uk/shop/events/moto ... e_tickets/
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

Me and Mottza Senior are going on the Monday if anyone wants to say hello.