Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Who's going to the NEC M/C Show?

Post by MrGrumpy »

So....I can't help noticing that no-ones mentioned anything interesting that actually was at the NEC show, apart from a few photos of the Tmax, so was it worth the effort???

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Yes as I had never been there before.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

That tricity 300 looks like its going to be a very interesting machine, I'm defo going to have a test ride on one, I just hope its price isn't OTT.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:45 pm So....I can't help noticing that no-ones mentioned anything interesting that actually was at the NEC show, apart from a few photos of the Tmax, so was it worth the effort???
Definitely! Spent a fair amount of time on the SuperSoco stand discussing this one.

Plus, well worth the trip to chat with Austin again.
8-)

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Did he do a round world trip terra circa or something like that?

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:00 am Did he do a round world trip terra circa or something like that?
http://www.austinvince.com/

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

I thought the show was great! Took lots of photos, need to gather my thoughts and write up a report; I'll post a link when it's online.

Nick

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

horobags wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:33 am That tricity 300 looks like its going to be a very interesting machine, I'm defo going to have a test ride on one, I just hope its price isn't OTT.
Sorry I did mean to check the price but didn't. :(

It's large! I can tell you that. 8-)
Meldrew wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:08 pm As I didn't go, I'm happy to wait until my local dealer gets the new Yamaha Tricity 300 in next year. There was nothing I needed in the way of helmets clothing and accessories either, and the so called Show Specials now have to compete with online Black Friday deals I've had emails about all week.
Nobody will be referring to the Tricity 300 as a small bike. That's for sure. You'll notice its presence in the showroom!

We went boot searching for the lad but in vain. Maybe because we were attending on the last weekend but choice was poor, bargains were few and far between. I agree, I think that the era of the Show Specials is over.
EvilRacer329 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:46 am I thought the show was great! Took lots of photos, need to gather my thoughts and write up a report; I'll post a link when it's online.

Nick
So did I. My Son and I always have a great day out, there.

Our interests go beyond Maxi scooters (there were 4 2019 Moto GP bikes to study close up for a start) but perhaps the most surprising thing on the Maxi scene was Kymco's presence.

Their stand was well stocked, well presented and staffed with knowledgeable people. The sad fact is that their dealer coverage and backup just doesn't match up to the bikes themselves, which were all impressive. The AK550 in particular. 8-)

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Always worth the effort if there's a fine riding day during show week! And catalogues have to be collected for grandson, don't they... ;-)
Always interesting to see the vast range and inventiveness of tattoos on display, and that's just the women.
And the increasing quality and ambition of the Chinese manufacturers like Zontes, say (other makes are available)
And the fitness benefits of the 800 or so metres walk from and to the bike shed...
And a chance to see what possible future bikes may or may not 'fit' the way I sit.
Xmax 300, btw, averaged (computer said) 99mpg over the 150 miles, cruising in comfort at up to indicated 75 where possible, and jacket, helmet, gloves and scarf easily went under the seat - excellent!
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Meldrew wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:14 am Come on, it's just a day out and not much different thanwandering round a large multi franchise dealership that has a decent helmet and clothing department and a cafe. Or a place where there's a few motorcycle dealerships and clothing stores near each other.
It's a good day out on a bad day, and a great one on a good day.

Horses for courses, though. If you don't like it, don't go. If you do, get your tickets for next year.

8-)