Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Yes had a look at a nice Mk 3 T Max today . 2009 12000 miles big service just done . Nice honest bike . Thought my BMW Evo Scoot would do it all but missed having a T Max . So hope to get it when a chap picks up one of my other bikes . I like the thought of no belt drive like I had on the Mk 6 , and well just getting what I think is the best of the T Max's . Ok maybe cramped but I never had a problem despite being 6 foot 5 . It will be great for winter and beyond . Lets hope that guy turns up tomorrow to take my other bike :mrgreen:

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Re: Looking at a T Max Mk 3 new to me

Post by SkuTorr »

"EvoRobbo" would just be silly....
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sounds good! The mk3 is a lot of fun.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

So …………………………….I bought it !! 12000 miles most of its life lived in France , 2 owners . Lovely condition , needs a bit of tidying , centre stand needs cross bar painting , front mugard needs a bit of a touch up . Oh and a sports screen and Akropovic ;) Looking forward to getting it . Insurance was high to add to my 3 bike policy as they rate it as high on the to be stolen list !

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Here you go :mrgreen:

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Looks clean.....yes,unfortunately the scumbags do like ‘em,found my Mk 6 within the hour thanks to the tracker,the steering lock was an eye watering price to replace,but that was the only damage,immediate thoughts were to get rid of it and get something less desirable to the “scumbagbag society”really glad i did’nt,got a decent alarm now and the mother of all locks & chains....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

My mk3 went to France i took a deep breath until i seen the pics, need any spares i still have rear light lense, front indicator lens, full exhaust, brake disks (under 1k miles) and both boomerangs, all collecting dust.
Dezzie

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor

Post by tmaxrobbo »

Ok so it rides really well, only 12000 miles . New belt and filters 400 miles ago plus full service . I forgot how good the mk 3 is , slower than my old my 4 and 6 but it has a Mallosi variator though I can’t tell the difference. Cosmetically it’s good , few scratches from transportation but otherwise straight . Tyre are good Dunlop’s and everything works . Will be using it a lot over winter as I sold my car . I love the no rear belt drive and it’s pretty analog. Happy days and it will stop my Evo getting destroyed by all the salt incoming soon

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Its also has more fun handling than the mk4! I think you do notice the effect of the Malossi - I seem to recall the mk3 was very stodgy at low speeds in standard form.

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

Very nice indeed! I'm considering an exhaust system for my Mk6, but can't find any useful videos of what they actually sound like on the move. Anything sounds cool revving at a stop, but I worry that the CVT would mean it would just drone...

Nick