Winter

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Winter

Post by Data »

Over the last 3 years I've found my GTS300 to be a really useful tool in the winter. Short or long trip, cold or warm, wet or dry it's ok! I have my very toasty heated Oxfords grips (the really potent ones not the scooter type), midsize Vespa screen, leather top case (which is waterproof),front fender extender etc etc. Although now I've fully retired I try to avoid starting a ride in the rain, but if I'm out and it rains, I'm ok. The bike is very easy to clean, and even a detail clean doesn't take that long. For winter I use my vast batch of chemicals ie: Waxoyl, FS365, lots of polish etc. She's still pristine with no corrosion, always something to watch for on any metal you use in the winter. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Data wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:05 am Over the last 3 years I've found my GTS300 to be a really useful tool in the winter. Short or long trip, cold or warm, wet or dry it's ok! Although now I've fully retired I try to avoid starting a ride in the rain, but if I'm out and it rains, I'm ok.
Nice one - sometimes I wish I lived in the south of england - only sometimes mind you

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Symcity wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:51 am
Nice one - sometimes I wish I lived in the south of england - only sometimes mind you
Yes...I have to visit Essex regularly and find that the climate there is like Spain - mostly warm in autumn and spring, with a couple of weeks of iffy weather around Xmas, but then far too hot in the summer! So if it were possible, the idea of wintering in the South then returning to civilisation up North in the Spring sounds quite attractive!

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

It can be quite cold in the Winter when we pick up the cold weather from the Continental East. But the good thing is that is pretty dry all year. Rainfall wise NE Essex is the driest part of the UK and most of Europe.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

mottza wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:33 am It can be quite cold in the Winter when we pick up the cold weather from the Continental East. But the good thing is that is pretty dry all year. Rainfall wise NE Essex is the driest part of the UK and most of Europe.
Also drier than most parts of Israel. Hard to believe I know but true. :shock:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

By rainfall were classed as a semi arid desert. Not that you think that with the recent rainfall.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Never seen rain on TOWIE must admit .

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:24 pm Never seen rain on TOWIE must admit .
Nor me. Never watched it and never will. :)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Presumably they'd had to film in somewhere like Essex - rain would make their fake tans run!
My Mother's house is just east of London near the Dartford Crossing - semi-arid desert describes the climate exactly! The hot summer in 2018 completely destroyed her lawn, and it still hasn't recovered!

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

I'll be keeping at it, simply because the alternative for my current job is to get the train. Driving a car into central London is insanity! Luckily I work from home most of the time and can pick my moment. Previously my commute has been well-salted so it's a matter of heated gear, good tyres and taking it easy.

Nick