SORN

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

SORN

Post by Symcity »

Well today I completed a round trip of 125 miles on the mighty honda sh300i it was bitterly cold up at the green welly in Tyndrum and the autumnal leafs were starting to scatter all over the road - decision therefore made - I have SORNED the scooter and I don’t intend using it again until easter 2020 - upon arriving home I dumped the engine oil and replaced it with 1.4 litres of shell advance 10/40 fully synthetic complete with a new Hiflo oil filter - god willing I’ll still be around next year

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: SORN

Post by horobags »

looking at the temp up there a wise move.
We were talking yesterday about storage, fill the tank so no condensation(water) can form, and ESSO super doesnt contain any Ethanol(water), so fill it up with that, and maybe some fuel stabiliser. This will stop any rust in the tank/fuel pump ect. Makes sense to me if a long lay up is on the menu.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

I'll continue to use mine during the winter, trying to avoid salt. I have an attachment on my jetwash that can spray a wax solution and I give the underside a good spray with every wash. I'm hoping that will remove the any salt and displace water. I also give it a blowdry with the leaf blower.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

It's supposed to get quite a bit warmer at the end of this week!
Traffic so crap round here that there's no way I'm giving either scoot the winter off!

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

You'll miss the Christmas hospital toy run :o :o

Deleted User 7077

There is the money saving aspect to consider though. Many a mickle makes a muckle as they say in Stourbridge.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Feel physically sick at the thought of SORN'ing my Vespa GTS. Have to ride it, and that includes in winter. Even down south we get very cold weather and losts of salt on the road. But Waxoyl is my friend, as is FS365! Ok so now I'm retired I don't HAVE to ride it in the rain, or in the snow and salt, but I choose to on some occasions. Although I mostly only ride on nice crisp winter days, if there's some salt on the roads, then I don't worry about it. It doesn't matter, the chemicals work ok to stop corrosion. Althought I must addmit I don't let it stand dirty for too long. Think I'd go crazy not riding the Vespa for even a few weeks. It was bad enough not riding it for 4 weeks after surgery earlier in the summer, let alone 5-6months. :o
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:26 am There is the money saving aspect to consider though. Many a mickle makes a muckle as they say in Stourbridge.
Really? All I've heard them say is "Fock off back ter Droitwich"

Deleted User 7077

That's a term of endearment Ray in Stourbridge.