Sym tl500

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Re: Sym tl500

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

:lol: Now that was funny lol :lol: :lol:

Deleted User 7077

Talking of Brighton where the head of Sym mafia gone

Deleted User 7077

Back on topic the sym engine .theres one of chassis as well looks very tmax like

Deleted User 7077

There's photo of torque graph which is interesting it ramps up very early on in revs then dead flat until tails off at 6750 .Looks ideal for CVT to me .
All on face book on Maxsym international group.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Meldrew wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:01 pm I suppose being rear ended one way or another goes with territory if you live in Brighton! :shock:
You can pretty much get anything you want in Brighton if you know the right area. :lol:

Unfortunately, that also extends to getting your car written off, despite an almost blanket 20mph limit. :(
Has been maxi tours wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:04 pm There's photo of torque graph which is interesting it ramps up very early on in revs then dead flat until tails off at 6750 .Looks ideal for CVT to me .
All on face book on Maxsym international group.
It can be as good as it likes, Julian. While the target market in the UK know how inept the UK distributors are, its sales will always be limited. :(

Deleted User 7077

I still can't see anything bigger than a 200 on Sym UK web site using phone so I don't think it will come to UK any way .

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

If they can keep it a whisper under £7 K it might do well.

But marketting here for Sym etc is a low rent as the dealership situation.

Shame as they are a quality make.

I still think rather than copying the T, max fitting decent, proper suspension to the mid range machines would of led to far more sales etc everywhere.

The new Enfield at under £5.5 K seems to be doing really well.

I know its a Sym thread but anyone ridden one pof thiose yet ?

Best Mark.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:34 pm Back on topic the sym engine .theres one of chassis as well looks very tmax like

Not an expert but doesn't that chassis pic look rather like the earliest Tmaxs - almost a Ducati-ish trellis frame! I think that Yamaha moved on to Aluminium beams from the mk3 - though I could be wrong, so please correct me if so!

Honestly, this Sym is just so similar to the Tmax - makes the Kymco AK550 look like a radically different design! At least the Kymco engine has a slightly different layout.

Deleted User 7077

Yes like early ones with steel frame engine flat and right forward double yoke forks